Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Mission, KansasMark & Burkhead
Practice Areas: Workers' compensation
Licensed in Kansas since: 1993
Education: Washburn University School of Law
Mark & Burkhead6700 Squibb Road
Mission, KS 66202 Phone: 913-677-1010 Email: Keith Mark Visit website
Keith has been practicing law since 1986 specializing in Workers Compensation. His entire practice involves representing injured workers, the majority of which are covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Keith has enjoyed a long relationship with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and has an office in the Teamster's Union Hall in Kansas City, Missouri. In addition to representing Teamster Union members, he regularly represents members of other Labor Unions, including: the Bricklayers, Painters, Plumbers, Pipe Fitters, Gas Workers, Operators, IBEW, CWA, etc... He is proud of his AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is recognized as a "Preeminent Lawyer" by that same organization. Keith has been married for 36 years to his wife Jeanne, and they have three wonderful children: Zach, Jake and Anna. All three are now "Rising Star" lawyers and practice with their dad at Mark & Burkhead. Keith is an avid hunter and has hosted television shows on Outdoor Channel for over a decade including: "MacMillan River Adventures" and "Great American Tales." Keith is also the founder of "Hunter Nation," a not-for-profit organization protecting hunting rights
First Admitted: 1986, Kansas
Professional Webpage: https://markandburkhead.com/attorneys/keith-mark/
- Licensed to practice Law in: Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa
- Washburn University of Topeka (J.D., magna cum laude, 1986) Associate Note Editor and Member, Board of Editors, 1985-1986, Washburn Law Journal, Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Delta Phi, Member of Who's Who Executive, Professional, and Entrepreneur Registry., Washburn University of Topeka School of Law
- Published in Washburn Law Journal, Co-Author: "Practical and Constitutional Challenges to the 1985 Kansas Medical Malpractice Legislation," 25 Washburn Law Journal 304, 1986. Presenter at multiple "Workers Compensation Seminars". Presenter at multiple "Union Member Seminars" on the topic of Workers Compensation.
- Previous Host of "MacMillan River Adventures" and current host of "Great American Tales" airing on Outdoor Channel
- Works with and is a National Director for "Outdoor Adventure Foundation" which is an non-profit organization who grants wishes from children and young adults suffering from a life threating illness or disease, and active members of the United States Military who have lost a limb in active duty. Served in the United States Department of the Interior (2016-2020), and founder and Chairman of the Board of Hunter Nation.
- Members of: International Brotherhood of Teamsters Union, International Union of Bricklayers, International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, International Association of Fire Fighters, Sheet Metal Workers, International Union of Operating Engineers, United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Union, United Association of Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Union, Gas Workers Metal Trades Union, International Brotherhood of Electrical Union, Communications Workers of America, etc...
- Member of: Kansas Bar Association, Missouri Bar Association, Wyandotte County Bar Association, Johnson County Bar Association. Licensed to practice law in Kansas, Missouri. Iowa and Illinois.
- Keith litigated the case Pardo v UPS, 56 Kan. App 2nd 1 (2018), which was a case that challenged the constitutionality of mandating the use of the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 6th Edition, in Kansas workers compensation cases. Keith prevailed, with the Kansas Court of Appeals finding that the mandated use of the AMA Guides, 6th Edition, violated due process as applied to Pardo.
- High School: Washington H.S., Kansas City, Kansas. (Class Valedictorian, 1978). Undergraduate: Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas. (B.S., 1982). Law School: Washburn University of Topeka, Topeka Kansas. (J.D., magna cum laude, 1986).
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2010, 2014 - 2022