The founder of Landon Law, LLC, Heather Landon divides her practice between family law matters and criminal defense. Her firm is located in Olathe, Kansas, and she represents clients throughout a portion of the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Ms. Landon has been admitted to practice before all Kansas state courts since 2000, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
Ms. Landon has extensive experience in a variety of family law matters. Many of her clients are going through a divorce, and she provides them with advice and counsel on the issues of property division, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. Ms. Landon’s background in mediation and her skills in negotiations allow her to help many clients come to an accord through the use of those methods of alternative dispute resolution, although she is a forceful courtroom advocate when litigation proves to be necessary.
Ms. Landon’s other family law experience has encompassed paternity establishment and disputes, and she has assisted domestic violence victims who are seeking orders of protection from the court. In her criminal defense practice, she represents people who are facing state misdemeanor and felony charges, and she has handled cases involving driving under the influence, drug possession and distribution, theft, and white collar crimes.
Held in high regard by her colleagues, Ms. Landon has been listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and she has received a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. She obtained her legal education at the University of Kansas School of Law, where she served on the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy before graduating in 2000.
First Admitted: 2000, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://www.landonlawllc.com/about-heather.html
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Member
- Instructor at the National Advocacy Center, Litigation and Trial Advocacy
- Member Johnson County Bar Association; Member Johnson County Bar Foundation; Member Johnson County Family Law Inns of Court
- Certified Mediator; Certified Case Manager; Qualified Guardian Ad Litem
- Certified by the State of Kansas in the areas of Case Management and Mediation
- Kansas State University, 1997
- Provided legal advice and representation to detained women and children at the Dilley, Texas Immigrant Holding Facility, 2019
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023