Ryan S. Ginie
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Olathe, KS
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
- Free Consultation
Ryan S. Ginie is a partner at Olathe, Kansas-based Law Offices of Pettlon & Ginie. Focusing his practice primarily on driving under the influence and criminal defense matters, he also has personal injury and wrongful death litigation experience, representing people who have been harmed by the negligence of other persons or entities. Admitted to practice in both Kansas and Missouri, Mr. Ginie's client base comes from the Kansas City metropolitan areas of both states.
In addition to driving under the influence, Mr. Ginie's criminal defense practice includes cases involving drug possession and trafficking, child pornography, sex crimes and financial offenses such as embezzlement. He has extensive experience in providing representation to juveniles. His personal injury and wrongful death practice includes motor vehicle crashes, pedestrian knockdowns, bicycle accidents and professional malpractice. Mr. Ginie has been instrumental in obtaining several sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Ginie received a Bachelor of Science from Kansas State University in 2001. He then pursued his legal education at the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2004. While there, Mr. Ginie worked for the Innocence Project and was a clerk at the predecessor to his current firm. Mr. Ginie also worked for the Johnson County District Attorney's Office before entering private practice.
An active participant in a wide variety of professional associations, Mr. Ginie is a member of the Johnson County Bar Association, where he serves on its Criminal Law Bench/Bar Committee as well as its Juvenile Law Bench/Bar Committee. He is also a sustaining member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2014
About Ryan S. Ginie
First Admitted: 2005, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://www.treypettlon.com/docs/personal-injury-lawyers-crim...
- Johnson County Juvenile Law Bench/Bar Committee
- Johnson County Municipal Courts Bench/Bar Committee
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Sustaining Member
- Kansas Bar Association, Member
- Johnson County Criminal Law Bench/Bar Committee
- Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Johnson County Bar Association, Member
- Lecturer, Defenses/Rights in Juvenile Law, Johnson County Court Services, 2005-2008
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Kansas, 2012-2013
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, Missouri, 2012-2013
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- Super Lawyers, Kansas
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers
- Advanced Trial Advocacy, 2003-2004
- Top 50 DUI Attorneys, State of Kansas, National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- Super Lawyers, Missouri
- Kansas State University
Last Updated: 5/15/2022