Attorney Dana L. Parks is a co-founder and partner at the ParksClevenger LLC law firm in Overland Park, Kansas. A top-rated attorney with over 30 years of legal experience, Ms. Parks devotes her practice exclusively to family law.
Representing clients throughout the Kansas City metro region, primarily in Kansas, Ms. Parks provides personalized assistance and support to those going through a divorce by helping them with all aspects regarding child support and custody, alimony and spousal maintenance, property division, visitation, parental rights, and other related issues. She also offers solid prenuptial agreements and serves the legal needs of her clients seeking stepparent adoptions.
Trained in collaborative law, Ms. Parks strives to help her clients resolve their disputes and reach agreements without the need for expensive and time-consuming litigation. However, she will not hesitate to advocate on behalf of her clients to protect their rights and best interests in court when necessary.
A 1984 graduate of Kansas State University with a Bachelor of Arts in social science, Ms. Parks attended Washburn University School of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor in 1987. That same year, the Kansas Bar Association admitted her to practice, and The Missouri Bar admitted her in 1992. She is also admitted to practice before the Tribal District for the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma since 2012 and the District Court of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation since 2018.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Parks is a member of the Johnson County Bar Association, the Johnson County Family Law American Inn of Court, the Kansas and Missouri Bar Associations and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association. She is also a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Greater Kansas City.
Recognized for her service and professionalism, Ingram's Magazine named her as one of Kansas City's best family law attorneys.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1987, Missouri
Professional Webpage: http://www.pcfamilylaw.com/dana-parks/
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, B.A., 1984
- Missouri Bar Association, 1992
- Kickapoo Tribal Court, 2012
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Chair , 1992
- Kansas Bar Association, 1987
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Kansas City, Founding Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, 1987
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Kansas City
- Johnson County Bar Association, 1987
- , Earl O'Conner Civility Award, Johnson County Bar Association, 2019
- One of the best family law attorneys in Kansas City, Ingram’s magazine
- Kansas Super Lawyer in the area of Family Law
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America 2010-2019
Office location for Dana L. Parks
7285 W 132nd St
Overland Park, KS 66213
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023