Matthew J. Brooker
Top rated transportation & maritime attorney in Overland Park, KansasMatteuzzi & Brooker, P.C.
Practice Areas: Transportation & maritime, Personal injury
Licensed in Kansas since: 2007
Mr. Brooker graduated cum laude from the University of Missouri — Kansas City School of Law. He was a published member of the UMKC Law Review and a member of the National Moot Court and National Trial Advocacy competition teams. He was awarded the Practitioner’s Award for outstanding advocacy during the national trial competition. Mr. Brooker has actively defended trucking companies and their drivers for almost all of his legal career in lawsuits throughout the Midwest, including Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, and Nebraska. He has a specialized knowledge and understanding of the unique issues that arise in the field of trucking litigation. He is actively involved in rapid response, pre-suit investigation, fact and expert discovery, and trial and works to add value for his clients at each stage of the process. Furthermore, Mr. Brooker has presented to his peers and/or clients about the impact of The Affordable Care Act (i.e. Obamacare) on damages in civil litigation; relevant topics at safety meetings for the transportation industry; initial case filing, discovery, experts and evidence; and about creatively using motions in limine.
First Admitted: 2006, Missouri
Professional Webpage: http://ma2zlaw.com/attorney/matthew-j-brooker/
- XL Catlin Dairyland Insurance Company Fairmont Specialty Lancer Insurance Company Market/Essex Insurance Maxum Insurance Company National Interstate Insurance Company Northland Insurance Company Scottsdale Insurance Company (National Casualty) Sentry Select Insurance Company Traveler’s Insurance Company Vanliner Insurance Company Wilshire/Occidental/IAT Insurance Group Apple Bus Company Assisted Transportation Christenson Transportation, Inc. Butler Transport deBoer Transportation, Inc. Keim TS, Inc. Hancock Carriers, Inc. Heritage-Crystal Clean K&B Transportation, Inc. Pavlich, Inc. Prime, Inc. Mercer Transportation Midwest Express Mid-American Coaches MCT Transportation, Inc./Willis Shaw Express R&M Transportation, Inc. Riverside Transportation Roll On Transportation Ruan Transport Corporation The Schwan Food Company Select Van & Storage/Mayflower Transit Swift Transportation Transport America Werner Enterprises, Inc. YRC Inc./YRC Freight/YRC Worldwide, Inc.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (cum laude), 2006
- Truman State University (magna cum laude) B.S. Economic B.S. Business - Finance, 2003
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA); Arkansas Trucking Association
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020