Shea E. Stevens
Top rated Family Law attorney in Overland Park, KansasBurke McClasky Stevens
Shea E. Stevens is the principal of Shea Stevens Law, LLC in Overland Park, Kansas. A top-rated and award-winning lawyer with more than 19 years of total legal experience, Ms. Stevens focuses her practice solely on family law services through many approaches: traditional litigation, mediation, and collaborative law. She provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the surrounding areas of Kansas and Missouri who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law issue they need to address.
Handling all aspect of her clients' divorces, Ms. Stevens has achieved considerable success guiding her clients through the process and helping them make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, high-asset property division and other related matters. She is also a staunch advocate for the rights of fathers, and she provides effective and comprehensive prenuptial and postnuptial agreements to help her clients protect their assets in the event of a divorce.
Devoting the majority of her practice to litigation, Ms. Stevens has extensive experience handling highly contentious family law issues, and she routinely works with financial advisors, accountants and other professionals to determine business valuations and ensure her clients receive a fair shake in high-asset property division proceedings. A leader in her field, she has published articles and conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics.
In recognition for her outstanding professionalism and stellar service to her clients, Ms. Stevens has earned a Best of the Bar designation from the Kansas City Business Journal along with other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo as well as many testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2001 graduate of Kansas State University, Ms. Stevens obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Tulsa College of Law in 2004, where she received the CALI award for having the highest grade in legislation. She holds her license to practice in Kansas and Missouri, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Ms. Stevens is an active member of the Johnson County Bar Association and the Johnson County Family Law American Inn of Court, and she is a member of the Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, the Kansas Bar Association and The Missouri Bar, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2004, Kansas
Professional Webpage: http://sheastevenslaw.com
- Johnson County Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2015 to Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Bar Leadership Academy Class of 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City, Member, 2015 to Present
- Missouri, 2005
- Johnson County Family Law Inns of Court, 2013
- Kansas, 2004
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association, 2008
- Missouri Bar Association
- Best Practices in Family Law, Speaker
- Speaker, Electronic Communication and Ethical Issues, Johnson County Family Law Inn of Court
- Speaker, From Initial Meeting with Client Through Initial Filing of Divorce, Best and Worst Practice, Johnson County Family Law Inn of Court
- Speaker, The Ethical Pitfalls of Family Law, Johnson County Bar Association, 2012
- Speaker, Parenting Plans, What to Include and Not Include, Johnson County Bar Association, 2010
- Speaker, Family Law 101 Continuing Legal Education seminar for fellow attorneys, Johnson County Bar Association
- Parenting Plans - What to Include and Not Include, Speaker
- Kansas State University, Bachelor of Science in Women's Studies; Bachelor of Science in Psychology, 2001
- Kansas Bar Association Pro Bono Commitment, Kansas Bar Association, 2009
- Best of the Bar - Kansas City Business Journal, 2014 and 2015
- Pro Bono Award, 2008 and 2009, Kansas Bar Association
- CALI Award for Highest Grade in Legislation
- Rising Star, Kansas and Missouri Superlawyers, 2015
- Kansas Bar Association, Pro Bono Commitment, 2008
- Kansas City Business Journal, 2015
- Nominations by peers, published in Kansas City Business Journal Special Section, Best of the Bar - Family Law, Kansas City Business Journal, 2014
Office location for Shea E. Stevens
40 Corporate Woods
9401 Indian Creek Parkway, Suite 220
Overland Park, KS 66210
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017