William P. Denning
Top rated personal injury attorney in Overland Park, KansasDenning Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice view more
Licensed in Kansas since: 2003
Education: University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law
Denning Law Firm, LLC8900 Indian Creek Parkway
Overland Park, KS 66210 Visit website
Attorney William P. Denning is the founding member of Denning Law Firm, LLC, in Kansas City, Missouri. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 18 years of total legal experience, Mr. Denning provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across his region who suffered a serious injury or lost a loved one due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Denning worked for a prominent civil defense firm, where he represented insurance companies and other businesses against personal injury claims and other tortious and insurance-related matters. He now focuses his practice primarily on plaintiff representation, and he uses his past experience as an insurance defense lawyer to devise the most effective strategies possible for those suffering needlessly through no fault of their own.
To date, Mr. Denning has recovered substantial amounts of compensation for individuals and families adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, defective products, trucking accidents, premises liability and other preventable tragedies. Honored for his remarkable professionalism, he has earned consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top 5% of lawyers in his region.
A 1999 graduate of Pittsburgh State University, Mr. Denning obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law in 2003. While there, he was a member of the National Moot Court Team and National Trial Team, and he served as staff member for "The Urban Lawyer." He also received the John L. Sheridan and Thomas E. Deacy Sr. Awards as the most outstanding appellate and trial advocate.
Mr. Denning is admitted to practice in Kansas and Missouri as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and the District of Kansas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th and 10th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also an active member of the Kansas Bar Association, The Missouri Bar and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: defense
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2003, Missouri
Professional Webpage: https://www.denninglawfirm.com/about-us/william-denning/
- 2019 Super Lawyers
- Unique Vacations v. Trip Mate, et al, United States District Court, Western District of Missouri. Represented plaintiff in action for breach of contract. Defendant entered into a Travel Organization Agreement contract with client whereby client would receive profit sharing payments for travel insurance sold to its customers. Client alleged that defendant breached the contract when defendant failed to pay profit sharing owed to client. At trial, Court determined that defendant had breached the contract and client was owed over $300,000 in unpaid profit sharing.
- Czechan v. Lewis, et al—District Court of Linn County, Kansas. Client was involved in a motor vehicle collision at an intersection when another motorist failed to yield at the stop sign. Plaintiff was a passenger in the other vehicle and claimed soft tissue injuries to her neck and back. Plaintiff alleged that client was traveling too fast and failed to avoid the collision. The jury assigned no fault to client
- Leon v. Herndon—District Court of Wyandotte County, Kansas. Admitted liability rear end motor vehicle accident in which plaintiff alleged that he suffered various personal injuries including injury to his back and neck as a result of being struck in the rear by client. Client disputed the nature and extent of the alleged injuries. The jury returned a verdict in favor of client
- Porter v. Adrian Fabricators, et al.—District Court of Wyandotte County, Kansas. Products liability action wherein plaintiff claimed to have suffered a spinal fracture and dislocation at T 11-12 with resultant paraplegia as a result of an industrial accident when a stackable wire mesh container manufactured by client allegedly fell from the top of a stack of three containers. Plaintiff sought over $2 million in damages at trial. Jury returned a verdict in favor of client
- Rogers v. Cornejo & Sons, et al.—District Court of Sedgwick County, Kansas. Wrongful death action wherein decedent was allegedly struck by client’s vehicle after being thrown into ditch during accident with another vehicle. Plaintiff sought over $1.5 million in damages at trial. Client was assigned 5% of the fault as was decedent
- Jani-King v. Carmeco—Circuit Court of Greene County, Missouri. Represented plaintiff alleging that defendant breached services contract with client. Client had entered into a written contract to provide cleaning services at facility owned by defendant. Defendant purported to terminate contract due to alleged defective performance by client. Client sued seeking damages for breach of contract, liquidated damages as well as attorney’s fees. At trial, court found that defendant improperly terminated contract and awarded client liquidated damages and attorney’s fees in the total amount of $36,956.87
- Missouri, 2003
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas, 2004
- Pittsburg State University, B.S. Ed., 1999
Office location for William P. Denning
8900 Indian Creek Parkway
Overland Park, KS 66210
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2014