Kenneth Williams, Jr.
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Ashland, KY
Attorney Kenneth Williams, Jr., is a partner with the Williams, Hall & Latherow, LLP, law firm in Ashland, Kentucky. Nationally ranked as among the top trial attorneys in the country, Mr. Williams provides invaluable and highly effective counsel and support to clients throughout Boyd County and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Medical malpractice and personal injury defense
· Health care law
· Insurance law
· Business and commercial litigation
· General business and corporate law
Over the course of his legal practice spanning more than 49 years, Mr. Williams has represented some of the largest corporations, health care and medical service providers, and other entities across Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio. From his efforts, he has helped his clients protect their rights and preserve their interests in the face of baseless tortious and negligence claims, and he has achieved a long record of securing successful results for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom.
Known for his in-depth legal knowledge as well as his tenacity and aggressive approach to helping his clients achieve the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible, Mr. Williams has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, including an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1968 graduate of the University of Kentucky, Mr. Williams returned to his alma mater and attended the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 1971. While there, he served as staff member of the Kentucky Law Journal and published an article entitled “Kentucky’s Answer to the ‘Coal Black Shame’.” He was also an active member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Williams has served as president of the Boyd County Bar Association, and he is an active member of the Kentucky Bar Leadership Institute, the Kentucky Defense Counsel, the Defense Research Institute, the American Bar Association and the American College of Trial Lawyers. He also currently serves as director and executive committee member of the Kentucky Bar Foundation, and he has conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Mr. Williams holds his license to practice before all Kentucky state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10%Health Care
- 10%Professional Liability: Defense
Medical Malpractice, Business Organizations, Health & Health Care Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Kenneth Williams, Jr.
First Admitted: 1971
Professional Webpage: https://www.whl-law.com/about/kenneth-williams-jr/
- Minix v. Maggard, 652 S.W.2d 93 (Ky.App. 1983)
- Reams v. Stutler, 642 S.W.2d 586 (Ky. 1982)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kentucky Bar Foundation, Director and Member, Executive Committee, 1986 – Present
- Board of Directors, Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Kentucky Medical Ins. Co.
- United Ohio Gas Co.
- Medical Protective Company of Fort Wayne
- Kentucky W. Va. Ins. Co.
- Equitable Resources Inc.
- Member, Kentucky Law Journal Staff, University of Kentucky
- Trial Strategies and Techniques Seminar for the Kentucky Defense Counsel, Presenter, 2008
- Author, "Kentucky's Answer to the 'Coal Black Shame'," Kentucky Law Journal, Vol. 59, pg. 466, 1971
- Kentucky Justice Association, “Opening Statements from the Defense Side”, 2008
- Phi Delta Phi fraternity, Member, University of Kentucky
- Lambda Chi Alpha
- Kentucky Bar Association Trial Commissioner
- Kentucky Bar Leadership Institute, Member, 1987 – Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Boyd County Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Defense Counsel, Member
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1971
- U.S. District Court Western Districts of Kentucky
- American Bar Association, Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Boyd County Bar Association, President, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern Districts of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, 1968
Last Updated: 5/15/2022