Kara M. Harp
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Covington, KentuckyThe Lawrence Firm, PSC
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 2015
A zealous personal injury litigator and an associate at The Lawrence Firm, PSC, in Covington, Kentucky, Kara M. Harp concentrates on aiding the casualties of medical malpractice, including birth trauma, stroke, spine injuries, misdiagnosis, surgical blunders and medication errors.
Ms. Harp relishes delving deep into the medicine and science pertinent to each situation to hold negligent medical providers responsible and be an advocate for her clients. She has likewise effectively gone to court and sorted out allegations on behalf of those hurt in automobile accidents and other devastating personal injury occurrences.
Raised in Lexington, Ms. Harp holds Northern Kentucky as her true home. She attained a B.A. in communication from the University of Kentucky, culminating with magna cum laude honors and an outstanding 4.0 GPA. She proceeded to enhance her credentials by graduating magna cum laude with a J.D. from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University. She was one of two students out of her entire class to earn a Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy, symbolizing considerable skills in oral and written advocacy, trial and alternative dispute resolution.
While pursuing her law degree, Ms. Harp was highly engaged with numerous extracurriculars including the Moot Court Board and the Executive Board of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. She was a student representative for both LexisNexis legal research and the BARBRI Bar Review. Simultaneously, she worked as a law clerk at a personal injury firm; spent a summer in the litigation branch at GE Aviation; had externships at first the Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney's Office and then the Kentucky Court of Appeals.
Ms. Harp maintains professional associations with the American Association for Justice Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group and Professional Negligence Section. She also holds memberships in the Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court, the Kentucky Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Kentucky Justice Association and the Ohio Association for Justice. She also functioned as the chair of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section.
First admitted to practice in Kentucky in 2014, Ms. Harp has also handled a number of cases in the state courts of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Ms. Harp serves as a pro bono attorney at Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers and is a part of the Bellevue Planning and Zoning Commission.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2014, Ohio
- Presented at Northern Kentucky Bar Association's 2020 CLE Day, Speaker, "They almost killed that lady!" Case Selection and Damages in Medical Negligence Cases, 2020
- City of Bellevue, KY - Planning and Zoning Commission Member, 2021
- Immediate Past Chair - Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2021
- Chair, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2020
- Member, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Executive Committee, 2020
- Member, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Board of Directors, 2020
- Barrister Member, Salmon P. Chase American Inns of Court, 2021
- Chair-Elect, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, 2019
- Member, American Inns of Court, Salmon P. Chase Chapter, 2018
- Committee Member, Northern Kentucky Bar Association #MATCH Mentoring Program, 2019
- Chair, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Judicial Reception Planning Committee, 2019
Office location for Kara M. Harp
535 Madison Ave
Covington, KY 41011
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2024