Robert D. Lewis
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Covington, KentuckyThe Lawrence Firm, PSC
Robert D. Lewis serves as a partner at The Lawrence Firm, PSC, in Covington, Kentucky. He focuses his practice exclusively on medical malpractice and birth injury matters in Ohio and Kentucky, helping children whose lives are unfairly destroyed by brain impairments sustained at birth as a result of improperly supervised labors and careless deliveries.
Mr. Lewis has immense experience handling cases that involve cerebral palsy, perinatal stroke, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy and traumatic brain injury. He has also successfully worked on other medical negligence cases such as spinal cord injuries, anesthesia errors, surgical errors and hospital systems failures.
In addition to Kentucky, Mr. Lewis is admitted to practice in Ohio, the U.S. District for the Southern District of Ohio and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. He serves as a zealous and fierce advocate for the rights of his clients and has an unwavering commitment to their best interests throughout their case.
A graduate of Miami University, Mr. Lewis received his bachelor’s degree in English. He worked as a division officer in the U.S. Navy after his undergraduate studies. He decided to pursue his legal studies at the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he graduated with dean’s list honors and obtained his Juris Doctor in 1997. In law school, he clerked for a renowned judge at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
Mr. Lewis is an enthusiastic member of the American Association of Justice (AAJ), the Ohio Bar Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Kentucky Justice Association, the Ohio Association for Justice, and the Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court. He is also the president of the University of Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association and served as the co-chair of the AAJ’s Birth Trauma Litigation Group.
Recognized for his notable work in the legal field, Mr. Lewis has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Ohio
- Rising Star Awards
- Super Lawyers Awards
- AV Rated
- Board Member, Secretary, Northern Kentucky Montessori, 2013-Present
- Den Leader Tiger, Wolf and Bear Dens Cub Scout Pack 775
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, Associate, 1995 - 1996
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, Articles Editor, 1996 - 1997
- AAJ's Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Birth Trauma Litigation Newsletter, Co-Editor
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, B.A., 1989
- Jury awards $11.75 million in damages http://www.tdn-net.com/news/15189/jury-awards-11-75-million-in-damages , 2016
- Court of Claims approves $2.5 million Ohio Reformatory for Women Settlement http://www.courtnewsohio.gov/cases/2014/COC/0228/2011-10631.asp#.WdvbacHrvD4 , 2014
- Co-Chair AAJ's Birth Trauma Litigation Group, 2017
- Member, Executive Board of AAJ's Birth Truama Litigation Group, 2017
- AAJ Medical Negligence Information Exchange Litigation Group, Board Member, 2014
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- University of Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association, President
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- AAJ Medical Negligence Litigation Group , Co-Chair
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Salmon P, Chase Inn of Court, Member
- American Association of Justice, Medical Negligence Information Exchange, Co-Chair, 2015
- An overview of Hypoxic and Ischemic Birth Injuries and the devastation those injuries bring upon the families that suffer them. , Hypoxic and Ischemic Birth Injuries, 2018
Office location for Robert D. Lewis
535 Madison Ave
Covington, KY 41011
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2014, 2017 - 2023