Thomas L. Rouse
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Fort Mitchell, KY
The owner of Thomas L. Rouse Attorney and Counselor at Law, Thomas L. Rouse is a sole practitioner who works on a wide variety of legal matters involving both litigation and counseling. Based in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, he represents clients throughout the northern portion of the Commonwealth. Admitted to practice in Kentucky since 1978, Mr. Rouse is also admitted to practice in Ohio as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
A portion of Mr. Rouse’s practice consists of personal injury and wrongful death litigation, and in this regard, he represents people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. His cases have involved truck and other motor vehicle collisions, premises liability, dog bites and workplace accidents. Mr. Rouse’s experience has also encompassed family law matters, including divorce, support and parenting order modifications, and adoptions.
Mr. Rouse has an estate planning and administration practice as well. Here, he regularly prepares and reviews last wills and testaments, advance medical directives, living and irrevocable trusts, and health care and financial powers of attorney. Mr. Rouse also guides clients through what can be a confusing and lengthy probate process. Other aspects of his caseload include his representation of consumers who are facing insurmountable financial obligations and who are considering filing for bankruptcy as a form of debt relief. Highly regarded by his colleagues for his excellent track record in all of these endeavors, Mr. Rouse has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a 1978 graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
About Thomas L. Rouse
First Admitted: 1978, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.thomasrouselaw.com/attorney/
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association: Co-Founder, President (1989), Board of Directors
- Supreme Court of Kentucky: Supreme Court Rules Committee, 2009-present
- Kenton County Bar Association: President (1985)
- Kentucky Bar Foundation
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Ethics and Professionalism Committee, Member
- American Association for Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Ethics Hotline for 15years and American Bar Associations
- U.S. District Court, Western Districts of Kentucky
- Cincinnati, Kenton County (Past President), Northern Kentucky (Past President and Member, Board of Directors Co-Founder), Kentucky (Vice President, 2011-2012 and President-Elect, 2013-2014, Board of Governors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Districts of Kentucky
- Kentucky, 1978
- Ohio, 1978
Pro bono/Community Service
- City of Erlanger, KY: Mayor 2007- present (in 2nd term). City Council Member 1989-2002, Board of Adjustments
- Lloyd Memorial High School: Site-Based Council member; assistant football coach (1991-2006.), Member of Lloyd Memorial High School Alumni Hall of Fame
- Erlanger Christian Church (Disciples of Christ): Elder, Deacon, Board Chairman
- Adjunct Professor, Northern Kentucky University, College of Business, Accountancy Department, Business Ethics
- Speaker at continuing legal education sessions on a regular basis, including seminars for the KBA Annual Convention, the NKBA, Kentucky Defense Counsel, KJA, Chase College of Law Alumni Assn., Cincinnati Paralegal Assn., ABA Young Lawyers’ Section
- Guest Lecturer: University of Cincinnati College of Law and Thomas More College
- Adjunct Professor, Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Applied Ethics
- Kentucky Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- NKBA Lawyer of the Month, March 1990
- Recipient of the ‘Richard Lawrence Lifetime Achievement Award’ in 2012 for service to clients, profession and community
- Northern Kentucky’s Distinguished Attorney, 2004, Northern KY Bar Association.
- University of Virginia Class of 1975, B.S. Civil Engineering, with distinction
Last Updated: 7/15/2021