William H. Wilhoit
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Grayson, KentuckyWilhoit Law Office
The Wilhoit Law Office has been in business for more than 150 years, and William H. Wilhoit is the latest family member to be a part of it. Based in Grayson, Kentucky, Mr. Wilhoit represents clients throughout Carter County and its surrounding areas. He has been admitted to practice in Kentucky since 1992, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
A significant portion of Mr. Wilhoit’s practice encompasses personal injury and wrongful death litigation, and in this regard, he represents people who have been harmed due to the negligence or recklessness of other parties. The types of cases that he has worked on have arisen out of such incidents as defective products; truck, motorcycle and automobile accidents; and premises liability. And his successes in the courtroom and at the negotiating table have resulted in his clients receiving significant amounts of compensation for the losses that they have sustained.
Other types of matters that Mr. Wilhoit has had experience in have included contract breaches and other forms of business disputes, and his background has encompassed family law and estate planning. His receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell is just one of many examples of the high regard in which he is held by his fellow members of the bar.
Mr. Wilhoit majored in American studies at Georgetown College and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1989. He then went on to attend the University of Kentucky College of Law, and in 1992, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Wilhoit has served on the board of governors of the Kentucky Bar Association, and he is a member of the Kentucky Justice Association and other professional groups.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Defense, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.wilhoitlaw.com/about-us/william-h-wilhoit/
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- National Conferences Chair, American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division, 2003
- Meetings Coordinator, American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division, 2002
- American Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division
- Life Member, U.S. 6th Circuit Judicial Conference
- Chair, Kentucky YLS
- Secretary, Treasurer, Vice Chair and Chair-Elect, Kentucky YLS
- 7th District Representative, Kentucky Young Lawyers Section's Executive Council
- Lifetime Member, University College of Law's Lafferty Society
- Kentucky, 1992
- 7th District representative, Kentucky Justice Association
- Kentucky Bar Association's Board of Governors
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1992
- Lead Counsel Rated
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers
- Business Law and Political Science, Kentucky Christian University
- President, Carter Christian Academy's Board of Directors
- Director, Grayson Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Club
- Georgetown College, Georgetown, Kentucky, B.A., Major: American Studies - 1989
Office location for William H. Wilhoit
103 S Hord
PO Box 35
Grayson, KY 41143-0035
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024