Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Lexington, KY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2018 - 2019
A criminal defense lawyer representing the people of Kentucky in a variety of criminal matters, Dan Carman is founder of Dan Carman, Attorney at Law. A former judge advocate and captain for the Marine Corps, he handled criminal matters including possession and distribution of drugs, rape, larceny, possession of child pornography, obstruction of justice and hazing. While in the Marine Corps, he also served for the 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines as in-house counsel.
Along with his extensive defense history, Mr. Carman worked as a legal assistance attorney and prosecutor and helped many clients in matters of consumer fraud, domestic relations, estate planning, collections and landlord-tenant matters. Currently he is admitted to practice in the commonwealth of Kentucky, and before the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky.
A member of the American Bar Association, the Fayette County Bar Association and the Kentucky Bar Association, Mr. Carman is also actively engaged with the Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and was named one of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Mr. Carman is also one of Central Kentucky American Inn of Court barristers.
Mr. Carman graduated from Davidson College in 2001 with a degree in political science and earned a Juris Doctor in 2005 from the University of Kentucky College of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the Kentucky Law Journal. Mr. Carman is qualified and prepared to defend the rights of his clients in any criminal matter, from arson charges to domestic abuse to kidnapping.
- 100%Criminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2019
About Dan Carman
First Admitted: 2005
Professional Webpage: https://www.lexingtondefense.com/dan-carman/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Deacon, Calvary Baptist Church
- Board of Directors, Mission Lexington, a free dental and medical clinic for uninsured and underinsured, 2014
- Barrister, Central Kentucky American Inn of Court
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- National and Kentucky Associations of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Courts of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- Member, American, Kentucky and Fayette Co. Bar Associations
- Member, Marine Corps Coordinating Council of Kentucky
- Captain, U.S. Marine Corps
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Davidson College, Major: Political Science, Honors: Vice-President, Kappa Alpha Order, Honors: Captain, College’s Division I wrestling team, 2001
- 6th Circuit Court Of Appeals; U.S. District Courts For The EDKY And WDKY; American
- And Fayette County Bar Associations; National And Kentucky Associations Of Criminal Defense Lawyers;
Last Updated: 7/1/2020