Justin S. Peterson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Lexington, KY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
Justin S. Peterson is an attorney with Peterson Law Office, in Lexington, Kentucky. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney. Mr. Peterson provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout the greater Lexington metro, as well as all across the state, who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Mr. Peterson once worked as an insurance defense attorney, so he has a wealth of insight into the industry and the tactics insurance providers use to reduce or deny claims. As such, he has devised more effective strategies for his plaintiff clients, and he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, unsafe property conditions, defective products and other preventable tragedies.
Along with handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Peterson has also tried numerous criminal cases to verdict with a 100% success rate, and he has successfully handled a variety of cases in other areas, including business and commercial litigation, employment law grievances, civil rights claims, insurance bad faith and other complex disputes.
Honored for his success, Mr. Peterson received the Litigator of the Year award in 2020 from the American Institute of Trial Lawyers, and he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to assist so many in his community during their direst times of need.
A 2005 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Kentucky, Mr. Peterson returned to his alma mater and obtain his Juris Doctor from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 2008. While there, he was a member of the Trial Advocacy Board and the Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Law. He was also an active participant in the Kentucky Intrastate Mock Trial Tournament and the ACTL National Trial Competition, where he was Regional Champion and recipient of the Powell Medallion.
During law school, Mr. Peterson also received the school's inaugural Outstanding Trial Advocate Award, the Charles E. “Buzz” English, Jr., and English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley Awards for Excellency in Trial Advocacy, and the Golden and Walters Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021
About Justin S. Peterson
First Admitted: 2008, Kentucky
- Member, Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- Member, Trial Advocacy Board
- Kentucky Intrastate Mock Trial Tournament Participant, 2007
- Recipient, Golden and Walters Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- Kentucky Intrastate Mock Trial Tournament Participant, 2008
- Recipient, Charles E. “Buzz” English, Jr. Award for Excellency in Trial Advocacy
- Recipient, English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley Award for Excellency in Trial Advocacy
- Recipient of Powell Medallion at the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL) National Trial Competition, 2008
- Regional Champion, ACTL Regional Trial Competition, Sixth Region, 2007
- Regional Champion, ACTL Regional Trial Competition, Sixth Region, 2008
- Recipient of Powell Medallion at the ACTL National Trial Competition, 2007
- Inaugural Recipient of the University of Kentucky College of Law, Outstanding Trial Advocate Award
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, B.S., Magna Cum Laude, Major: Economics and Finance, May, 2005
Last Updated: 9/29/2022