Timothy J. Wilson
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Lexington, KY
Attorney Timothy J. Wilson is the senior and managing partner of Wilson & McQueen, PLLC, in Lexington, Kentucky. Mr. Wilson concentrates his practice exclusively on workers’ compensation and work injury cases, serving clients in Lexington and throughout Kentucky.
A practicing lawyer for over 35 years, Mr. Wilson has vast experience in workers’ compensation law. Over the course of his career, he has successfully argued thousands of workers’ compensation cases at various levels of the court system, including before the Kentucky Court of Appeals and the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Recognized as a leader in the field of workers’ compensation, Mr. Wilson has spoken at conferences and seminars and helped draft administrative regulations and legislation. He has been listed in “The Best Lawyers in America” several years in a row and Wilson & McQueen, PLLC, has been named a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report. In 2014, Mr. Wilson was named one of the “Top Attorneys in Kentucky” by Kentucky Monthly magazine.
Involved in his legal community, Mr. Wilson belongs to the Kentucky Bar Association and is a member of the Workers’ Compensation Law Section. Additionally, he is a member and past president of the Kentucky Workers’ Association.
Mr. Wilson graduated with distinction from Morehead State University with a bachelor’s degree in English. He went on to receive a master’s degree in education from the same institution and later earned his law degree from the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all Kentucky state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
About Timothy J. Wilson
First Admitted: 1982
Professional Webpage: https://www.wmkylaw.com/about/timothy-j-wilson/
- Brian Gregory Sizemore v. Leslie Resources, Inc., Kentucky Supreme Court, No. 98-SC-785-WC, rendered 2-18-99
- Chris Miranda v. Centimark/Cincinnati Flooring, W.C.B. No. 2008-88797, rendered 4-2-14
- Kentucky River Regional Jail v. Richard Dillion, Kentucky Court of Appeals, No. 2013-CA-001794-WC, rendered 4-11-14
- Renovared Energy Resources, Inc. v. Jeffrey Riley, Kentucky Appeals Court, No. 2006-CA-001067-WC, rendered 12-22-06
- Bluegrass Regional Mental Health v. Teresa Bellamy, Kentucky Court of Appeals, No. 2010-CA-000522-WC, rendered 3-11-11
- Harlan KY VA Coal, Inc. v. Baker, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 957 S.W.2d 728 (1997)
- Leeco, Inc. v. Asher, Kentucky Court of Appeals, 919 S.W.2d. 232 (1996)
- , US News & World Report Best Law Firm, 2011-12, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- , Best Lawyer’s in America, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- , Kentucky Super Lawyers, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Kentucky Bar Association; Kentucky Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section; Kentucky Workers’ Association (KWA), Kentucky Workers’ Association (KWA) President June 2015 – July 8, 2018
- Kentucky, 1982; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1983
- Morehead State University, B.A., English with Distinction, 1977
Last Updated: 5/15/2022