Charles W. Miller
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Louisville, KentuckyCharles W. Miller & Associates
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Personal injury, Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 1997
Charles W. Miller is the founder of Charles W. Miller & Associates, where he divides his practice between employment law matters and personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, he provides advice and counsel to clients throughout all of Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Admitted to practice in Kentucky since 1997, Mr. Miller is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Miller only represents current, former and prospective employees. His experience in this regard has included discrimination that is prohibited by a variety of laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. He also assists clients who have been the victims of sexual discrimination, and he has handled cases involving wrongful termination and other acts of retaliation as well as Family and Medical Leave Act disputes. Mr. Miller has prepared and reviewed employment and severance agreements, and he has helped to negotiate compensation packages for high-level executives.
Mr. Miller also represents clients who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in cases arising out of medical malpractice, premises liability, defective products, nursing home abuse and motor vehicle accidents. His successful track record in all of his professional endeavors has earned him the respect of his colleagues, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Miller has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. He is a cum laude graduate of the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Civil rights, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1997, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.cwmassociates.com/attorneys/charles-w-miller/
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1997
- American Justice Association (formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America) member since 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1997
- Kentucky, 1997
- Kentucky Justice Association (formerly known as Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys) member since 2001
- American Bar Association, member since 1999
- Kentucky Bar Association, member since 1997
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member 2002 - Present; American Association for Justice, Member 2002 - Present; American Bar Association, Member, 1998 - Present; Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 1997 - Present; Louisville Bar Association, Member, 1997 - Present.
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list in the areas of Employment Litigation, Medical Negligence, and Personal Injury in 2019 and 2020
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum® since 2011
- Martindale-Hubble AV Rated in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice (2016)
- Top Lawyers in Kentucky, The Legal Network 2015; Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2013; Employment Law Firm of the Year In Kentucky, Corporate INTL 2013; Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers 2013; Lifetime Member, Cambridge Who's Who Registry of Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, 2008
- Western Kentucky University: B.S., Major: Meteorology & Climatology, Minor: English
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville Law, Juris Doctor 1997; Western Kentucky University, B.S. in Meteorology and Climatology, 1992; Pleasure Ridge Park High School, 1988
- My partner and I obtained a verdict in the amount of $983,504.88 in damages, costs, attorney's fees, and interest for three plaintiffs in a sexual harassment and retaliation case under Title VII and the Kentucky Civil Rights Act. The verdict was obtained in the case of Perry et al. v. Autozone Stores, Inc., United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky, Louisville Division, No 3:11-CV-403. The verdict was upheld on appeal by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Furthermore, I obtained a $250,000.00 verdict in an assault/premises liability case in the Jefferson County, Kentucky Circuit Court in a case styled Hoskinson v. Board et al. Finally, I have obtained numerous million dollar (+) confidential settlements in personal injury claims litigated over the past few years.
- Nursing Home Negligence
Office location for Charles W. Miller
325 W Main St
Louisville, KY 40202-4265
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023