Top rated Family Law attorney in Louisville, KentuckyWise Law, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 2020
An attorney at and founder of the firm Wise Law LLC in Louisville, Kentucky, Christopher Wise practices family law. Licensed recently in 2020 to practice law in the state of Kentucky, he primarily attends to the people of the Louisville metro area and lends his service to clients who need help with matters involving divorce, child custody, domestic violence and modification matters.
With a major in political science and government, Mr. Wise obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Louisville and graduated magna cum laude in 2016. He later received his Juris Doctor with honors from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville in 2018. He interned as a law clerk at the United States Attorney’s Offices at the Department of Justice in Kentucky. Before pursuing, he served in the U.S. Navy for more than half a decade.
After his graduation, Mr. Wise joined a renowned investment adviser firm based out of Kentucky as a chief compliance officer.
The first thing Mr. Wise does when a client walks in through his door is to build trust with them and patiently listen to their concerns. He understands that a lot of anxiety and confusion may be associated initially with what to expect out of a divorce or a child custody arrangement.
Mr. Wise established his law firm with the aim to provide transparency, raise practice standards, and help individuals who feel defeated and helpless. His firm was named one of the Best Family Lawyers in Louisville by Expertise.com. He is currently a member of the Kentucky Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2020, Kentucky
- As developed by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA), the Series 65 Exam allows a person to function as an investment adviser representative in certain states, 2016
- University of Louisville, Magna Cum Laude, 2016
- United States Navy, 2008-2014, 2008
- Board Member for Mattingly Edge., 2021
- Board Member for Mattingly Edge., 2020
- Most Annulments fail for 3 reasons: 1. Fail to meet strict filing requirements. Many states require you to file an annulment within 90 days of marriage. 2. Prohibited marriages are extremely rare for the most part. When was the last time you heard of someone in your circle of friends who knew someone who was married to their cousin? 3. Duress, Fraud, etc. can be difficult to prove in court. If you are not ACTUALLY concerned for your safety, then your Petition for Annulment will likely fail. Attorney Advertising. This video is designed for general information only. The information presented in this video should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. This video provides general information and does not constitute legal advice., Divorce v Annulment: Why Most Annulments Fail, Family Law, 2021
- A common myth spread online is that the holidays seem to lead to the increase of domestic violence cases. If you need to file for domestic violence, then I encourage you to find your court rules in order to get the process started. A great place to start is your local family court house. Have you ever wondered what domestic violence is? While every state defines domestic violence differently, in most states domestic violence includes more than just physical and emotional violence. This means that many states include the fear of imminent physical harm, etc. This is a difficult topic to discuss for many. I encourage anyone who needs help to seek it as soon as possible., Deep Dive: Domestic Violence; What Does that Mean?, Family Law, 2021
- Life happens and life doesn’t stop just because you are in a divorce or custody battle. Every so often I get the question about what to do when you don’t know what happened at a court hearing for my divorce. For example, maybe you were sick or you simply forgot that you had a hearing that day. So, what do you do? First, don’t panic. Hopefully, you were able to inform the court that you were going to miss your hearing for whatever reason. Second, you will likely receive an Order in the mail that lets you know what the Judge did that day. However, these Orders are not always specific. In those cases, I suggest ordering the audio or video of the hearing. Most courts record everything and allow you to access those recordings after paying a nominal fee ($10-$20 roughly) and completing a request form. Go to your local courthouse, ask the clerk what the process is for obtaining the audio for your missed court hearing, and start that process. As an additional suggestion – don’t order the video unless you need to see something specific. Videos tend to be more expensive and unless you have a purpose for actually seeing the hearing – save your money. , I MISSED MY COURT HEARING! How do I find out what happened?, Family Law, 2021
- Our goal is to connect people with the best local experts. We scored Louisville Family Lawyers on more than 25 variables across five categories, and analyzed the results to give you a hand-picked list of the best. Wise Law serves the communities of Louisville, offering counsel and representation in family law matters. Its team helps families resolve domestic issues involving contested and uncontested divorce, child custody, and domestic violence. It also assists in establishing, collecting, modifying, or terminating child support arrangements. Additionally, it offers assistance in settling property and retirement account division in a divorce or separation. The firm is helmed by Chris Wise, who strives to provide clients with a modern approach to family law., Best Family Lawyers in Louisville, Expertise, 2022
- Wise Law LLC is not your ordinary family law firm. It was founded by Chris Wise, who saw a need for changes in child welfare and family law, they take a different approach to legal services that include greater communication and the elimination of old-fashioned billing methods. One of the toughest challenges a person can endure is a family law dispute. Chris often meets with people who feel defeated and helpless, and who are seeking help during one of the most trying times of their life. Chris Wise is a family lawyer in Louisville, Kentucky. His mission is simple to raise the standards of the practice of child welfare and family law., Louisville's Best Family Attorneys, Kev's Best, 2022
Office location for Christopher Wise
303 Middletown Park Pl
Louisville, KY 40243
- Rising Stars: 2023 - 2024