David C. Travis
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Louisville, KY
David C. Travis is an attorney in Louisville, Kentucky, with over 20 years of legal experience. Mr. Travis is the founder of Bluegrass Lawyers, PLLC, and concentrates his practice on business, entertainment, estate planning, personal injury and sports law, serving clients throughout the Louisville area.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Travis has handled a diverse range of matters in various legal areas. He has experience with business, commercial and corporate legal issues, collections, defamation, dram shop liability, insurance litigation, Medicaid and Medicare law and real estate development.
An accomplished trial attorney, Mr. Travis has obtained favorable results for both plaintiffs and defendants in Kentucky. Recognizing his success and contributions to the legal industry, in 2010 the organization National Trial Lawyers included Mr. Travis on its “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list. AM Best included him on its list of “Best Insurance Attorneys” in 2009.
Giving back to his community is something Mr. Travis values. He sits on the board of the Denny Crum Scholarship Foundation and supports organizations including the American Cancer Society, the Louisville Sports Commission, the Metro United Way and YMCA Safe Place Services. He belongs to the Louisville Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute and the Sports Lawyers Association.
After receiving a bachelor’s degree in education and sports management from the University of Louisville, Mr. Travis earned his law degree from the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. He is qualified to appear before all Kentucky state courts and the U.S. district courts for the eastern and western districts of Kentucky.
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Entertainment & Sports
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10%Insurance Coverage
- 10%Real Estate: Business
Entertainment, Sports & Leisure Law, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2022
About David C. Travis
First Admitted: 2001, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://bluegrass-lawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/dav...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Denny Crum Scholarship Foundation, Board of Directors (2008 to present)
- Trinity High School (Board of Ambassadors)
- Greater Louisville Sports Commission
- YMCA's Project Safe Place
- Metro United Way (Loaned Executive Program)
- American Cancer Society, Trustee Committee (2001-2008)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Celebrity Dinner Committee (2010-present)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Middletown Chamber of Commerce
- North East Louisville Business Association (NELBA)
- Sports Lawyers of America (SLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Kentucky Defense Counsel (KDC)
- Louisville Bar Association (LBA)
- Kentucky Bar Association (KBA)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Champion for Children, 2002
- Kentucky Bar Association, Pro Bono Award, 2002-2008
- Strathmore's Who’s Who, Lifetime Member, 2008
- Am Best, Best Insurance Attorneys 2009, Am Best, Best Insurance Attorneys 2009 , Am Best, 2009
- Presidential Who’s Who, Lifetime Member, Achievement in the Legal Profession, 2009, Presidential Who’s Who, Lifetime Member, Achievement in the Legal Profession, 2009, Presidential Who's Who, 2009
- Professional of the Year- Legal Representation , Strathmore's Who's Who, 2008
- Board of Directors - Member, Denny Crum Scholarship Foundation, 2008
- Focus Louisville - Graduate, Leadership Louisville Foundation, 2002
- PGA of America, Bluegrass Automotive, Inc., Allstate Insurance Company, Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company, Crum & Forster Insurance Company, United States Fire and Marine Insurance Company, Encompass Insurance Company, Independent Club Ventures, Inc. d/b/a The Electric Cowboy, AnthemSteel, L.L.C., T1C Group, L.L.C., GQS, Inc., Cardinal Uniforms and Scrubs, Inc., Blankenbaker Primary Care, P.L.C., TriCounty OB/GYN, P.L.C., Evans Property Management, L.L.C.
- Jose Santos, et al, v. The Miami Herald, et al.
- Donna Lay v. Grandview Realty Company
- Tyra Watkins v. Turner Management Company, et al.
- Mark Craycroft v. Rick Pippin
- Stacey Doyle v. Rhea Divelbiss
- Tiffany Jefferies v. Independent Club Ventures
- Mamie Drake v. Rudd Equipment Company, et al.
- Daniel Goodspeed, et al. v. Independent Club Ventures
- Clayton Fentiman v. Kele, Inc. and Metraflex Company, et al.
- Walter M. Butt, et al. v. Independent Club Ventures
- BULLITT UTILITIES v. COGAN
- Pam Daniel, et al. v. Ford Motor Company and Active Day Corporation, et al.
- Joshua Tinch v. Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS)
- American Commerce Ins. Co. v. Julia Cain
- Adam Bohn v. Linda French and State Farm Ins. Co.
- Sara Jane Walker v. Lone Star Transportation and Nationwide Ins. Co., et al.
- Thomas E. Murphy v. World Triathlon Corp. et al.
- University Of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, B.S. (Education, Sports Management), Honor: Leadership Louisville Foundation, Focus Louisville, Graduate
- Commercial And Business Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Sports And Entertainment
Last Updated: 5/15/2022