David G. Bryant
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Louisville, KY
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2021
- Free Consultation
The founder of David Bryant Law, David G. Bryant focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Located in Louisville, Kentucky, he represents clients throughout the Commonwealth. Admitted to practice in Kentucky since 2006, Mr. Bryant is also admitted to practice before several trial and appellate courts, including the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Bryant’s client base is composed of people who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties, and he has handled cases arising out of a variety of incidents. The matters that he has worked on have included medical malpractice, truck, car, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents, nursing home abuse, premises liability, sexual assaults, toxic torts and defective products.
During his distinguished career, Mr. Bryant has been able to obtain millions of dollars for his clients through jury awards and negotiated settlements, and this has led to his membership in the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The favorable recognition that he has received from his colleagues has also extended to an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo, and he has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40. A graduate of the University of Kentucky College of Law, Mr. Bryant is a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of several other professional organizations, including the Kentucky Justice Association and the Louisville Bar Association.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2021
About David G. Bryant
First Admitted: 2006, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.bryantpsc.com/attorneys/david-bryant/
- David has handled cases across the state and litigated in more than half of Kentucky’s 120 counties. David recently obtained a $1.9 million dollar verdict on behalf of a truck driver who was injured in a loading accident. He has also been instrumental in developing a number of class action lawsuits in Kentucky and across the country.
- In re: Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, 3:12-md-2391
- In re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2327)
- In re: Boston Scientific Corp., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2326)
- In re: American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2325)
- In re: C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair Systems Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2187)
- In re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, 1:10-md-2197
- In re General Motors, LLC Ignition Switch Litigation, case number 14-MD-2543, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- In re: Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, case number 8:10-ml-02151, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- The Stanley Works, Inc. v. Great Garage — David defended a local businessman in a civil action brought by tool manufacturing giant Stanley Tools involving millions of dollars. After a jury trial and verdict in favor of David’s client, Stanley decided to drop all remaining claims.
- Brandy Sigman, et al. v. CSX Transportation, Inc. – David was one of a team of lawyers representing the residents of the small West Virginia town of Mt. Carbon who were evacuated from their homes following the derailment and explosion of a CSX train carrying highly flammable Bakken crude oil. The ensuing fires burned for days and forced the evacuation of over 300 families. David and the team were able to reach a confidential settlement with CSX on behalf of the evacuated residents.
- Laird v. Milburn Chapel Cumberland Presbyterian Church, et al. – David represented twin sisters who were the victims of sexual abuse at the hands of the youth minister in their church in western Kentucky. One of the girls became pregnant as a result of the abuse. David was able to develop evidence that the church and its governing bodies were negligent in the oversight of the youth minister, thus creating an environment where abuse was possible. The parties reached a confidential settlement.
- In re: Roundup Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 2741) – David represents over 100 individuals in state and federal court who were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma as a result of use of and exposure to the toxic weed killer Roundup.
- Jenkins v. MISA Metals, Inc. — David received a $1.9 million verdict on behalf of his client, who was injured after a steel coil weighing several tons shifted on the bed of a truck, crushing his hand and resulting in the amputation of several fingers and much of his hand. The jury found the defendant liable because it required David’s client, a truck driver, to participate in the loading of the steel coils onto the bed of truck, an extremely dangerous process that ultimately resulted in severe and permanent injuries.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Alumni Board of Directors, University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law
- Board of Governors, Kentucky Justice Association
- Member, Louisville Bar Association
- Member, Kentucky Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Member, Kentucky Justice Association (KJA)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Southern District of New York
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of West Virginia
- Kentucky, 2006
- University of Kentucky, B.A. History, 2003
- Advocate by the American Association of Justice National College of Advocacy, 2011
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Rising Star, prestigious Super Lawyers Magazine
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Dangerous Medical Device
- Defective Pharmaceutical Drugs
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
Last Updated: 5/15/2022