Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Louisville, KY
Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins is an attorney with Jenkins & Shiffman Family Law in Louisville, Kentucky. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent lawyers in the country, Ms. Jenkins provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Louisville metro and surrounding area who have any type of serious legal issue affecting their families.
Along with handling all aspects of divorce, including child custody and support, alimony and complex property division, as well as post-divorce matters such as modifications and enforcements of existing court orders, Ms. Jenkins also provides effective and comprehensive pre- and postnuptial agreements, wills and other estate planning instruments. She also has extensive experience with mediation, and she regularly serves the family court bench with matters involving highly contentious child custody proceedings and parenting coordination issues.
Possessing more than 28 years of total legal experience, Ms. Jenkins has focused on family law for more than 26 years, so she has a wealth of knowledge and resources to draw upon to help her clients make the best-informed decisions and improve the likelihood of achieving their goals and the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
In honor of her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Ms. Jenkins has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and a listing in the organization's Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. Moreover, Louisville Magazine has voted her among the Top Lawyers in Family Law in her region, and she has received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1983 magna cum laude graduate of Colgate University, Ms. Jenkins led a successful career in business as a foreign currency arbitrageur on the Mercantile Exchange in Chicago and then as an actuary for a prominent insurance company.
Upon deciding to pursue her legal career, she then attended the University of Virginia School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1992. The Virginia State Bar admitted her to practice that same year, and the Kentucky Bar Association admitted her in 1995. She also holds her license to practice in the District of Columbia, and she is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Ms. Jenkins is an active member of the Virginia State Bar, The District of Columbia Bar and the Women Lawyers Association. She is also a member of the Jefferson County Family Court Divorce Practice Group, and she is a member and life fellow with the Kentucky Bar Association as well as member and fellow with the Louisville Bar Association, where she has also served as chair of the organization's Family Law Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Elizabeth McConahy Jenkins
First Admitted: 1992, Kentucky
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Volunteer, Brandeis School of Law P.A.S.S. Program
- Volunteer, Center for Women and Families
- Volunteer, Legal Aid
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Family Law Section, Past Chair
- Louisville Bar Association, Fellow
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member and Life Fellow
- Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Jefferson County Family Court Divorce Practice Group, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- District of Columbia Bar, 1995
- Kentucky State Bar, 1995
- Virginia State Bar, 1992
- Appointed Member, Kentucky Bar Association Fee Arbitration Panel
- Martindale Hubbell Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Louisville Magazine's Top Lawyers in Family Law
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- History and Application of the de Facto Custodian Law, Louisville Bar Briefs, July, 2003
- Seminar on Effect of Shared Parenting Schedules on Statutory Child Support Obligations
- Colgate University B.A., Major: Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, 1983
Last Updated: 5/15/2022