John W. (Jack) Conway
Top rated personal injury attorney in Louisville, KentuckyDolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Health care; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 1995
Education: The George Washington University Law School
Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC13800 Lake Point Circle
Louisville, KY 40223 Visit website
John W. (Jack) Conway is a partner and attorney at Dolt, Thompson, Shepherd & Conway, PSC, based in Louisville, Kentucky. Extending his practice statewide, he focuses on personal injury claims, including medical malpractice and negligence, motor vehicle accidents, product liability, wrongful death and nursing home abuse.
The former attorney general of Kentucky, Mr. Conway is dedicated to fighting for people who have been wronged by others. He does not back down from cases against big corporations and pharmaceutical and insurance companies.
Handling all the stages of litigation, Mr. Conway has vast experience in investigating, drafting and preparing for cases. He provides his services to people seeking trial work, policy advocacy, regulatory compliance and litigation strategies across the U.S.
Having served two terms as attorney general, Mr. Conway has had immense exposure to a wide variety of cases and the process of litigation. He uses his practical knowledge of legal proceedings and provisions of law to help his clients obtain the verdict they desire. He has won his clients multimillion-dollar settlements in several cases, including a few noteworthy cases that involved a fatal DUI accident and medical malpractice cerebral palsy due to late treatment.
Completing his bachelor’s degree in public policy at Duke University in 1991, Mr. Conway also has studied at Cambridge University. In 1995, he graduated with his Juris Doctor with honors from George Washington University and became licensed in Kentucky. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Conway has affiliations with the Kentucky Bar Association, the Louisville Bar Association, the Kentucky Justice Association and the American Association for Justice. He holds a position on the executive committee of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG). He was the co-chair of the Substance Abuse Committee, Consumer Protection Committee and the Veteran’s Committee of NAAG and the Democratic Attorneys General Association. He also was selected for the Aspen Institute’s Rodel Fellowship in Public Leadership.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Health care, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents, Medical malpractice, Nursing home, Motor vehicle defects
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Health care
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.kytrial.com/attorneys/jack-conway/
- Aspen Institute-Rodel Fellowships in Public Leadership
- Co-chair, Veteran’s Committee, NAAG
- Co-chair, Consumer Protection Committee, NAAG
- Co-chair, Substance Abuse Committee, NAAG
- Co-chair, Democratic Attorneys General Association (DAGA)
- General (NAAG)
- American Association for Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Sixth Circuit
- United States Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- Executive Committee, National Association of Attorneys, 1900
- National Law Center, Washington D.C.
- Cambridge University, England
- Duke University; B.A. Public Policy, 1991, 1991
- Democratic nominee for Governor of Kentucky, 2015
- Verdict $3.913M in Jefferson Circuit Court. Hospital Negligence case. Failure by hospital staff to properly monitor a tracheostomy patient who accidently decannulated, then coded and subsequently died. , 2022
- Attorney General of Kentucky, 2015
Office location for John W. (Jack) Conway
13800 Lake Point Circle
Louisville, KY 40223
- Super Lawyers: 2023