Lisa Koch Bryant
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Louisville, KY
Attorney Lisa Koch Bryant is a partner at Tilford Dobbins & Schmidt, PLLC, in Louisville, Kentucky. Ms. Bryant has over 40 years of experience in the areas of animal law, bankruptcy law, and business and commercial litigation, particularly in cases involving creditor and debtor rights. She serves clients in Louisville, Kentucky, and the surrounding areas.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Bryant has litigated numerous bench and jury trials, representing clients, including lenders and financial institutions. She is the former head of litigation for the Federal Land Bank of Louisville, and has represented clients in state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
Active in legal organizations, Ms. Bryant has been elected chair of the Animal Law Section of the Kentucky Bar Association. She previously served as the section’s vice chair. She is a member of the Louisville Bar Association and former chair of the association’s Bankruptcy Section. She regularly does pro bono legal work and speaks at continuing legal education seminars, bar associations and at various events.
Honoring her accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Ms. Bryant an AV Preeminent* peer review rating in recognition of her high ethical standards and legal capability. This is the highest available rating by the organization.
Ms. Bryant earned bachelor’s degrees in English and religion from Centre College of Kentucky. She received her law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, serving as an editorial board member of the University of Cincinnati Law Review. She holds a license to practice law in Kentucky and Indiana, as well as before several federal courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Lisa Koch Bryant
First Admitted: 1977, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.tilfordlaw.com/About/Lisa-K-Bryant.shtml
- Centre College of Kentucky, Danville, B.A., Major: Religion, Major: English
- Bi-Annual University of Kentucky CLE Bankruptcy Seminar
- Bank Counsel Division of the Kentucky Bankers' Association
- University of Kentucky College of Law CLE seminar entitled "Legal Issues for Financial Institutions"
- Business Section of the Kentucky Bar Association, Annual Convention
- Louisville Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section - Chair, 2005 - 2006
- Kentucky Bar Association's, Annual Convention, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- CLE Committee of the Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section - CLE Co-Chair, 1993 - 1994
- Kentucky Bar Association, Animal Law Section - Vice Chair, 2014 - 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1998
- Kentucky Bar Association, Animal Law Section - Chair Elect, 2016 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1978
- Indiana, 1978
- Kentucky, 1977
- Farmers Tobacco Warehouse
- Citizens Union Bank
- Farm Credit Mid-America
- Peoples Bank & Trust Co.
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, 1995 - Present
- Super Lawyers, 2011-2014
- Hartford Ins. Group v. Citizens Fidelity Bank & Trust Co., 579 S.W.2d 628 (Kentucky Appeals 1979)
- In re Soules, 49 B.R. 577 (Bankruptcy Western District of Kentucky 1985)
- In re: Clark, 206 B.R. 439 (Bankruptcy Western District of Kentucky 1996)
- Gribbins v. Federal Land Bank of Louisville, 106 B.R. 113 (Western District of Kentucky 1989)
- Zanella v. City of Grand Rivers, 687 F. Supp. 1105 (Western District of Kentucky 1988)
- Liberty Nat. Bank and Trust Co. of Louisville v. Vanderkraats, 899 S.W.2d 511 (Kentucky Court of Appeals 1995)
- In re: Vaughan, 188 B.R. 234 (Bankruptcy Eastern District of Kentucky 1995)
- Pope v. Thompson, 2017 Ky. App. LEXIS 84, 2017 WL 1533811, 519 S W. 3d 781
- American Farm Mortgage Co., Inc. v AgAmerica, FCB/Western Farm Credit Bank, 232 F.Supp. 2d 721 (Western District of Kentucky 2002)
- JP Morgan Chase Bank v. Zwosta (In re Zwosta) (B.A.P. 6th Cir. 2008) , 395 B.R. 378
- Sam's NA, Inc. v. U.S. Small Buss. Admin. (In re Sam's NA, Inc.), 2016 Bankr. LEXIS 3766 (U.S. Bankruptcy (Southern District of Indiana 2016)
Last Updated: 12/29/2020