Michael A. Valenti
Top rated securities litigation attorney in Louisville, KentuckyValenti Hanley PLLC
Practice Areas: Securities litigation, Intellectual property litigation, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 1987
Languages Spoken: English, French
Michael A. Valenti is an attorney and founding member of the law firm Valenti Hanley PLLC in Louisville, Kentucky. A seasoned business law attorney with over 35 years of legal experience, he focuses his practice primarily on securities law and takes on all types of business tort litigation matters nationwide. He also represents clients accused of criminal charges involving securities-related matters and handles employment litigation, intellectual property litigation and other commercial law cases.
A 1982 B.A. graduate of the College of the Holy Cross, Mr. Valenti completed his legal education at the American University Washington College of Law in 1986. He also holds a diploma in trial advocacy from the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
First admitted to practice in Kentucky in 1987, Mr. Valenti is licensed to appear in the state courts of Colorado as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
Mr. Valenti has experience representing individuals and businesses in a variety of securities matters, both in the federal and state courts as well as in arbitration and mediation settings. Mindful of the complexity of the securities laws, he has efficiently represented clients in several bench and jury trials, being the first chair attorney in majority of the cases. He has secured millions of dollars in awards and settlements on his clients’ behalf.
As a testament to his professional achievements, Mr. Valenti was rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest peer-review rating standard. He was also listed among the Top Lawyers in Louisville in many categories for several years by Louisville Magazine. Recognizing his services to the community, the Kentucky Bar Association gave him the Donated Legal Services Award and the Continuing Legal Education Award.
Mr. Valenti maintains active memberships in the Louisville Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association and the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association. He is the former president of the Harbor House of Louisville.
A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Valenti is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer-Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSecurities litigation, Intellectual property litigation, Business litigation, Business/corporate, Cannabis law, Criminal defense: white collar
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Contracts, Business organizations, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal
- 30% Securities litigation
- 30% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Cannabis law
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1987, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.vhrlaw.com/attorney/michael-a-valenti/
- Designated as a Top Lawyer in Louisville in various legal categories for several years in Louisville Magazine’s Annual Poll
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell - Firm and Attorney
- Kentucky Super Lawyers
- Continuing Legal Education Award, Kentucky Bar Association, 1994
- , Donated Legal Services Award, Kentucky Bar Association, 1996
- Charitable Service Award, Harbor House of Louisville, 2012
- Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation
- Stearns Bank, NA BioAg Group, Inc.
- Apex Aircraft Detailing Global Appearance Partners
- PPM Fulfillment LLC
- Harbor House of Louisville (non-profit)
- Great American Insurance Company
- Kentucky Lottery Corporation, 2021
- Hodge Business Computer Sys. v. U.S.A. Mobile Com., 910 F. 2d 367, 1990, 6th Cir.
- Lautzenhiser Technologies, LLC v. Sunrise Medical HHG, Inc., CIVIL ACTION NO. 4:07-CV-0084-DFH-WGH, 2011, USDC
- Maker's Mark Distillery, Inc. v. Diageo North America, Inc., et al., --F.3d--, WL1605755, 2012, 6th Cir.
- Flint v. Kentucky Dept. of Corrections, 270 F.3d 340, et. al, 2001, 6th Cir.
- Maddox v. University of Tennessee, 62 F. 3d 843, 1995, 6th Cir.
- Brown v. Wigginton, 981 F. 2d 913, 1992, 6th Cir.
- Kaufman Co., Inc. v. Lantech, Inc., 926 F. 2d 1136, 1991, Fed. Cir.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- St. Albert the Great, Parish, Member
- Harbor House of Louisville, Past Chairman, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- Harbor House; Louisville; Member; Board of Directors
- Harbor House of Louisville-Past Present of Board of Directors and current member of Executive Committee of Board, 2011
- Navy ROTC Scholarship, 1978
- BA Modern Languages, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester MA, 1982
- HS Diploma from St. Ignatius High School, Cleveland OH, 1978
- Business Law Update, Lecturer, Murray County Bar Association, 1991
- The Expanding Scope of "Public Purpose" Land Condemnation in Kentucky, Kentucky Municipal Law Review, 1991
- Diploma in Trial Advocacy Skills from National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1992
Office location for Michael A. Valenti
One Riverfront Plaza, Suite 1950
401 West Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2017, 2022 - 2023