Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Louisville, KY
- Virtual Appointments
Scott Emerson Powell is a dynamic trial lawyer and negotiator who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. Scott’s practice consists of cases involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death, car and semi truck accidents, medical negligence, and nursing home neglect.
Scott also serves as an adjunct professor at the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, where he teaches negotiation fundamentals to second and third year law students.
Scott began his career representing insurance and health care companies, often helping defend doctors and hospitals. His early success prompted him to leave a prominent defense firm at age 30 to start his own firm dedicated to representing individuals. Scott now uses his intimate knowledge of the insurance and health care industries to help clients obtain maximum awards for their injuries.
Since becoming a plaintiff’s lawyer, Scott has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers organization, as well as a Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2013. In addition, Scott has been featured in publications such as Attorney at Law Magazine, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
While in law school, Scott was a national champion moot court negotiator and represented the U.S. in international competition. In addition, Scott served as a legal intern for the U.S. Commercial Attache office of the London Embassy, where he helped American companies conduct business in Europe.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021
About Scott Powell
First Admitted: 2008, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.powell.law/scott-e.powell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2019
- Top 10 Under 40, NAFLA, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Adjunct professor, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Featured in publications such as Attorney at Law Magazine, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek
- University of Kentucky, College of Arts and Sciences, B.A.
- University of Kentucky, Patterson School of Diplomacy, M.A.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- Congrats to Coach Orgeron. Hired as interim head coach in 2016 and 3 seasons later wins a national championship. I… https://t.co/I7mXlJ9uDu
- Only 100 years ago? Mind boggling /embarrassing https://t.co/b857YPbccy
- Why are there so many semi-truck accidents? Learn more about Large truck crash causation here:… https://t.co/0doySc6pcp
- What are non-economic damages? This fact sheet lays it out for you: https://t.co/GYZuesxn8V https://t.co/OdKbDaOvdA
Last Updated: 6/28/2022