Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Louisville, KentuckyPowell | Klausing
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 2008
Education: University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
Powell | Klausing130 St. Matthews Ave
Louisville, KY 40207 Visit website
Scott Emerson Powell is a dynamic trial lawyer and negotiator who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. Scott’s practice consists of cases involving catastrophic injury, wrongful death, car and semi truck accidents, medical negligence, and nursing home neglect.
Scott also serves as an adjunct professor at the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville, where he teaches negotiation fundamentals to second and third year law students.
Scott began his career representing insurance and health care companies, often helping defend doctors and hospitals. His early success prompted him to leave a prominent defense firm at age 30 to start his own firm dedicated to representing individuals. Scott now uses his intimate knowledge of the insurance and health care industries to help clients obtain maximum awards for their injuries.
Since becoming a plaintiff’s lawyer, Scott has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers organization, as well as a Kentucky Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2013. In addition, Scott has been featured in publications such as Attorney at Law Magazine, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek.
While in law school, Scott was a national champion moot court negotiator and represented the U.S. in international competition. In addition, Scott served as a legal intern for the U.S. Commercial Attache office of the London Embassy, where he helped American companies conduct business in Europe.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://www.powell.law/scott-e.powell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2019
- Top 10 Under 40, NAFLA, 2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Adjunct professor, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville
- Featured in publications such as Attorney at Law Magazine, Forbes, and Bloomberg Businessweek
- University of Kentucky, College of Arts and Sciences, B.A.
- University of Kentucky, Patterson School of Diplomacy, M.A.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- , What to Expect When You Call , 2021
- , Our Guiding Principles, 2020
- , Your Story Will Be Told, 2021
Office location for Scott Powell
130 St. Matthews Ave
Louisville, KY 40207
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2021