Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Louisville, KY
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
T.J. Smith has spent his entire legal career advocating for the rights of people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. The founder of his eponymous law firm that is located in Louisville, he provides representation to people throughout the commonwealth of Kentucky.
Mr. Smith became admitted to practice in Kentucky in 1989, and since that time, he has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 6th and 7th Circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States. Fluent in both English and Spanish, he counts among his professional affiliations the Kentucky Justice Association and the American Association for Justice.
In his personal injury and wrongful death litigation practice, Mr. Smith has been able to obtain well in excess of $200 million in compensation for his plaintiff clients, whether through jury verdicts or as a result of favorable settlements that he has negotiated outside of the courtroom. The types of cases that he has successfully handled have arisen out of truck, motorcycle and passenger vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse and neglect. These successes have earned Mr. Smith a membership in both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his honors have also included being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list for several consecutive years.
Mr. Smith attended the University of Kentucky as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts degree, graduating cum laude in 1986. He then enrolled at the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor degree in 1989.
About T.J. Smith
First Admitted: 1989, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://tjwillmakeempay.com/attorney/t-j-smith/
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2003 – 2013
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- ATLA Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Best of Louisville, 2008 – 2013
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Who's Who, ATLA Top 100, Million Dollar Advocates, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Americas Most Honored Professionals etc.
- Kentucky, 1988
- American Association of Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1990
- University of Kentucky, B.A. with dual degrees in HR and Economics with cum laude, 1986
- I have over $235,000,000 in verdicts over my 30 year career with a spotless record and a reputation for truth and honesty, 2020
- How much has Kentucky cracked down on distracted drivers? https://t.co/JnnK0HFgdh
- Speeding motorists largely blamed for rise in highway fatalities https://t.co/QXzSza9FPy
- Navigating Louisville's 5 most dangerous intersections https://t.co/hNgMfH37HD
- Do high-tech cars prevent accidents? https://t.co/uBecNr4dJJ
- What is the most dangerous intersection in Kentucky? https://t.co/zuFCjEx6u2
Last Updated: 5/15/2022