Top rated personal injury attorney in Louisville, KentuckyT.J. Smith, Attorney at Law
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Kentucky since: 1989
Education: University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
T.J. Smith, Attorney at Law600 W Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202 Visit website
T.J. Smith has spent his entire legal career advocating for the rights of people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. The founder of his eponymous law firm that is located in Louisville, he provides representation to people throughout the commonwealth of Kentucky.
Mr. Smith became admitted to practice in Kentucky in 1989, and since that time, he has been admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 6th and 7th Circuits and the Supreme Court of the United States. Fluent in both English and Spanish, he counts among his professional affiliations the Kentucky Justice Association and the American Association for Justice.
In his personal injury and wrongful death litigation practice, Mr. Smith has been able to obtain well in excess of $200 million in compensation for his plaintiff clients, whether through jury verdicts or as a result of favorable settlements that he has negotiated outside of the courtroom. The types of cases that he has successfully handled have arisen out of truck, motorcycle and passenger vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse and neglect. These successes have earned Mr. Smith a membership in both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and his honors have also included being named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 list for several consecutive years.
Mr. Smith attended the University of Kentucky as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts degree, graduating cum laude in 1986. He then enrolled at the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor degree in 1989.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://tjwillmakeempay.com/attorney/t-j-smith/
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2003 – 2013
- 5% of all attorneys achieve this honor., Super Lawyers, Colleagues, 2019
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- ATLA Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Best of Louisville, 2008 – 2013
- Who's Who, ATLA Top 100, Million Dollar Advocates, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Americas Most Honored Professionals etc.
- Who's Who Among Injury Lawyers, 2016
- Kentucky, 1988
- American Association of Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1990
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1990
- University of Kentucky, B.A. with dual degrees in HR and Economics with cum laude, 1986
- I have over $235,000,000 in verdicts over my 30 year career with a spotless record and a reputation for truth and honesty, 2020
Office location for T.J. Smith
600 W Main Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023