Gregg Y. Neal
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Shelbyville, KY
Gregg Y. Neal is the senior partner behind The Law Office of Neal & Davis, PLLC. Mr. Neal primarily served the Shelbyville and Louisville areas, but he handles clients throughout Kentucky and Florida. His practice areas cover a wide range of cases, including estate planning, real estate closing, probate, business litigation, personal injury and motor vehicle accidents.
In 1970, Mr. Neal completed his B.S. at Marshall University. Then, in 1973, he completed his law degree at the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. As an advocate for lifelong learning, he completed additional diplomas in court practice and graduated from the ATLA National College of Advocacy. To add to this, he is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Pretrial Advocacy and Civil Trial Advocacy. He is a certified circuit and appellate mediator and approved arbitrator by the State of Florida. He is an approved mediator by the Court of Justice, Kentucky.
Mr. Neal has a long list of Bar Admissions. These include Kentucky in 1973 and Florida in 1989. Also on the list are the U.S. Federal Courts, U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit and several U.S. District Courts.
During several decades of practicing law, Mr. Neal has won multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of his clients. He has also helped them settle disputes and protect their wealth. These and other accomplishments have earned him several awards, such as being named one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Kentucky.
Outside of work, Mr. Neal is active in the church. He is a past president of the Kiwanis Club. He is also a past president of the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce.
- 50%Business Litigation
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Gregg Y. Neal
First Admitted: 1973, Kentucky
Professional Webpage: https://nealanddavislaw.com/gregg-y-neal/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. Neal has been inducted in the Williamson High School Hall of Fame.
- Logan's Uniform Rental
- Worldwide Benefit Services
- Golden Creek Farms, Inc.
- Shelbyville Country Club
- O'Brien Automotive Group
- Republic Bank
Pro bono/Community Service
- Shelby County Chamber of Commerce, Past President, 1984
- Elder, First Presbyterian Church
- Past President of Kiwanis Club
- Mr. Neal performs hours of service pro bono for local non-profit entities, which includes churches, clubs, and HOAs.
- Florida CLE, 1989 - 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV rated Preeminent Lawyer
- Best Lawyers
- Distinction in Business Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation, 2007 - 2021, Super Lawyers
- Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, Louisville-Metropolitan area
- Vice-Dean, Delta Theta Phi
- Recipient, Kentucky Bar Association CLE Award, 1980 - 2020
- Mr. Neal has maintained his CLE award throughout his years of practice. He is listed in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers of Kentucky with the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- Wrongful Discharge The Advocate, 1983
- Construction Law, KBA Journal
- Professional Negligence, ATLA's Litigating Tort Issues
- Pit Bull Dog Attack Litigation 33 American Jurisprudence Model Trials, 1986
- Bad Faith Cause of Action Manual, 1988
- Mr. Neal is a West author with book chapters in Am Jur Trials and ATLA's Litigating Tort Cases. He has also published articles in the Kentucky Bar and Kentucky Justice Association and Journal of Family Law.
- Kentucky, 1973
- 53rd Judicial District Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Florida Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Louisville Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Supreme Court Civil Rules Committee, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission for the 53d Judicial District, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, President, 1987
- National Trial Lawyers Association, State Executive Committee
- President, Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, 1987
- Florida Academy of Trial Attorneys, 1989
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, President, 1987
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, State Delegate, 1983 to 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- Florida, 1989
- Mr. Neal is a board member of the Kentucky Justice Association and is a past president of the organization. He has been recognized for his continuing service. Mr. Neal has served on the Supreme Court of Kentucky Civil Rules Committee since 1992. He is a trustee of the Shelby County Law Library. He serves as a member of the 53d Judicial District Nominating Committee. He continues to lecture before various bar associations.
- Marshall University, B.S., Bachelor of Science, 1970
- Mr. Neal is certified by the National Board of Legal Specialty as a civil trial and pretrial specialist; a certified circuit and appellate mediator in Florida; an arbitrator; a Court of Justice Kentucky approved mediator.
- Mr. Neal has had several million-dollar settlements and verdicts and is a member of the Million Dollars Advocate group.
- Motorists Mutual Insurance Company, Appellant, v. Jeffrey Glass, 996 S.W.2d 437
- Morrison v. Kentucky Cent. Ins. Co., 731 S.W.2d 822,1987, Ky.App., 1987051143
- LaFrange v. United Services Auto. Ass'n, 700 S.W.2d 411,1985, Ky., 1985161509
Last Updated: 5/15/2022