David C. Hesser
Top rated Family Law attorney in Alexandria, LouisianaHesser Cooper Beckham Law Group, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Alternative Dispute Resolution; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1994
Education: University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law
Hesser Cooper Beckham Law Group, LLC215 Ansley Boulevard
Alexandria, LA 71303 Visit website
Attorney David C. Hesser is the managing partner of Hesser Cooper Beckham Law Group, L.L.C., in Alexandria, Louisiana. Mr. Hesser practices in many areas of law, including Military Divorce, Criminal Defense, and family law. These cases include divorce, child custody, child support, military retirement (VA Disability, CRDP/CRSC), spousal support, felony defense, misdemeanors. He serves Alexandria and Rapides Parish, as well as Bossier City, Shreveport, Leesville, Fort Polk, Marksville, Natchitoches, Pineville, Monroe, Lafayette, Lake Charles, DeRidder and Allen Parish.
Mr. Hesser has over 27 years of experience with both traditional litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods such as collaborative family law. He enjoys the distinction of being the attorney who filed Louisiana’s first successful collaborative divorce.
In addition to managing his legal practice, Mr. Hesser participates in professional organizations, including the Alexandria Bar Association, The Shreveport Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, the Collaborative Professional Group of Northeast Louisiana Inc., the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the Crossroads American Inn of Court of Alexandria-Pineville.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Hesser has lectured at various continuing legal education conferences. He serves as co-chair of the Permanent Review Board, reviewing sexual abuse allegations for the Diocese of Alexandria. He is also a former member of the Rotary Club of Alexandria.
Mr. Hesser received a bachelor’s degree in economics from Centenary College of Louisiana and obtained a Master of Law degree in admiralty from Tulane University Law School. He earned his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He is a certified divorce financial analyst from the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Military/Veterans Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Father's Rights, Felony, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Military Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 50% Family Law
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Military/Veterans Law
First Admitted: 1994, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.hesserflynnllp.com/About/David-C-Hesser.shtml
- Delta Theta Phi
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Collaborative Professional Group of Louisiana, Member
- Crossroads-American Inn of Court of Alexandria-Pineville, Member
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Alexandria Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- Louisiana, 1994
- Member of the Family Law Advisory Commission., 2019
- Louisiana State, Federal, Alexandria and Shreveport Bar Associations; State Bar of Texas; Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute; American Inn of Court of Alexandria; and International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- David Hesser has spoken at the National Business Institute seminar regarding military divorce and family law contempt of court in 2014. Additionally the JAG Corp. invited David Hesser to speak at Fort Polk concerning issues of military divorce in 2014, 2017 and 2018.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2010 - 2015, 2018 – 2020
- Listed in Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys
- “BV” Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Delta Theta Phi. Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award-Civil Procedure; Top Paper, First Amendment Seminar.
- Nominated and approved to serve on the Commission., Family Law Advisory Commission, 2017
- Downey v. Downey, 57 So. 3d 609 (La.App. 1 Cir. 2011)
- Thompson v. Thompson, 2011 La. App. Unpub. LEXIS 452 (La.App. 3 Cir. July 27, 2011)
- W.R.M. v. H.C.V., 923 So. 2d 911 (La.App. 3 Cir. Mar. 1, 2006)
- W.R.M. v. H.C.V., 923 So. 2d 916 (La.App. 3 Cir. Mar. 1, 2006)
- Gold, Weems, Bruser, Sues & Rundell v. Granger, 947 So. 2d 835 (La.App. 3 Cir. Dec. 29, 2006)
- Laurence v. Laurence, 957 So. 2d 931 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2007)
- Politz v. Politz, 31 So. 3d 552 (La.App. 2 Cir. 2010)
- Jones v. Willis, 996 So. 2d 364 (La.App. 2 Cir. 2008)
- Davis v. Green, 5 So. 3d 291 (La.App. 2 Cir. 2009)
- Schaefer v. Paretti Imps., Inc., 997 So. 2d 619 (La.App. 5 Cir. 2008)
- D.R.S. v. L.E.K., 33 So. 3d 428 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2010)
- Cass v. Cass, 52 So. 3d 215 (La.App. 3 Cir. 2010)
- Arnette v. NPC Services, Inc., (La. App. 1st Cir. 9/28/01) 809 So. 2d 384
- Bush v. Diamond Offshore Co., 1999 WL 33236363 (E.D. La. 1999)
- Walk Haydel and Assoc., Inc. v. Coastal Power Production Co., 98-CA-0193 (La. App. 4th Cir. 9/30/98) 720 So.2d 372
- Latin Am. Energy Dev. Inc., v. Vague, 1996 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8120 (E.D. La. 1996)
- Lea v. Sanders, 890 So.2d 764, 2004-762 (La. App. 3 Cir. 12/22/04)
- Pulver v. 1st Lake Properties, Inc., 96-248 (La. App. 5th Cir. 9/18/96), 681 So.2d 965
- Walk Haydel and Assoc., Inc., v. Coastal Power Prod. Co., 934 F. Supp. 209 (E.D. La. 1996)
- D.R.S. v. L. E. K., 33 So.3d 428, 2009-1274 (La. App. 3 Cir. 3/10/10) Writ Denied (La. 4/30/10)
- Bhati v. Bhati, 103 So. 3d 1290 (La.App. 3 Cir. 05/12/12)
- David Hesser has settled and litigated thousands of family law cases and military divorces. Our firm provides state and federal criminal defense for felonies and related charges. Pursuant to the current ethical rules, if you need more information on the cases that have been settled or litigated please see www.hesserlaw.com.
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization. Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts (IDFA).
- Tulane University Law School, LL.M., Admiralty, 1998, Centenary College, B.A., in Economics, 1991
- Centenary College, Shreveport, Louisiana, United States, B.A. - 1991, Major: Economics
- Author of: "Team Mediation," Pepperdine Univ. Law School Dispute Resolution Journal, 2007., Co-Author, Forensic Accounting in Matrimonial Divorce, Edwards Publishing, 1995
- Law review article discussing a team approach to mediation., Author, Team Mediation: An Interdisciplinary Model Balancing Mediation in the ‘Matrix'” Vol. 6 Issue 1., Pepperdine Law School Dispute Resolution Law Journal, Dispute Resolution And Family Law, 2006
- Crossroads Inn Of Court
- Texas Bar Association
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2015, 2018 - 2023