Aub A. Ward
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Baton Rouge, LouisianaGordon McKernan Injury Attorneys
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability, Transportation & Maritime; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1977
Aub A. Ward, who has been a Super Lawyer since 2015, is an attorney with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Serving clients across the state, Mr. Ward devotes his practice exclusively to personal injury law and helping innocent accident victims recover the full amount of compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses caused by automobile accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, maritime accidents and Jones Act claims, defective or dangerous products, and other acts of negligence or wrongdoing.
A top-rated trial advocate with over 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Ward has dedicated his entire career to helping those in need find the justice they deserve. Prior to joining Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, Mr. Ward was a partner with a successful personal injury practice for 36 years. Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Ward has earned a reputation as a compassionate attorney who treats his clients with the utmost care and respect as he aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible on their behalves.
Recognized for his high ethical standards and exceptional legal abilities, Mr. Ward has earned numerous awards and honors, and he holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating from Louisiana State University in 1973, Mr. Ward returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 1977. The Louisiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year. Mr. Ward clerked for Federal Judge E. Gordon West of the Middle District of Louisiana from 1977 -1979. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern, and Middle Districts of Louisiana as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Always striving to offer the highest level of advocacy and support to those he serves, Mr. Ward maintains active involvement with several professional legal organizations, including the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Louisiana Association for Justice, where he served on the board of governors. He is also active in the Trial Lawyers College and served as a member of the alumni organization, the F-Warrior board. A graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, he assists other personal injury attorneys across his region and around the country with their case preparations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Transportation/Maritime
Admiralty & Maritime Law, Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Railroad Accident, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 20% Transportation/Maritime
First Admitted: 1977, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.getgordon.com/team_member/aub-a-ward/
- Top Rated Attorney for Louisiana Life Magazine, 2011 and 2018
- Superlawyer, 2009-2013 and 2015-2018
- Top Rated Attorney for Louisiana Life Magazine, 2010
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers, 2012 - 2013
- AV Martindale Hubble Rated, A Top Ranking for Attorneys in the U.S.
- Lambda Chi Alpha
- Trial Practice, Louisiana Association of Justice, 2014
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College Program, 2008 - Present
- Taught Moot Court Louisiana State University Law School, L.S.U. Law Center, 1980 - 1984
- Arshad v. City of Kenner, 95 So. 3rd 477, La. Supreme, 2012
- Bouqet and LeBlanc, General Contractors
- Pino v. Gauthier, 633 So. 2nd 638, Court of Appeal, 1993
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.A. in Economics, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1977
- Member, National Trial Lawyers Association, 2010 - 2013
- Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1977
- Board of Governors, Louisiana Association for Justice, 1982
- Member, Louisiana Association for Justice, 1980 - 2018
- Trial Lawyer College, 2005 - 2013
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1977
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2000 - 2013
- Colorado, 1992
- Habitat for Humanity, house build, 2018
- Taught Adult Literacy Programs, 1990 - 2000
- Vestry Trinity Episcopal Church 2018-2021
- Board of Directors, Trinity Episcopal Day School
- Baton Rouge Pro Bono Projects, 1980 - 2018
Office location for Aub A. Ward
5656 Hilton Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2013, 2015 - 2024