David S. Gunn
Top rated Tax attorney in Baton Rouge, LouisianaGunn & York
Practice Areas: Tax, Estate Planning & Probate, Business Litigation
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1979
David S. Gunn is a complex civil and criminal tax attorney with his firm, Gunn & York, LLP, where he also practices in the areas of tax and estate planning, including the drafting of wills, trusts and other estate planning documents. He has represented clients in dispute resolutions; commercial, business and tax litigation; as well as before the IRS and the Louisiana Department of Revenue. He is board-certified as a tax attorney and as an estate planning and administration specialist by the Louisiana State Bar Association.
Mr. Gunn is experienced in business formation, including corporations, LLCs and partnerships. He has negotiated and drafted business contracts (such as buy-sell agreements), and is experienced in sales/use tax controversies and litigation. After earning his degree in accounting from Northeast Louisiana University, he practiced for several years as a CPA before pursuing his law degree at the Louisiana State University Law Center. His firm is located in Baton Rouge.
Practice areasTax: Business, Estate Planning & Probate, Business Litigation
- 50% Tax: Business
- 30% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1979, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/70808-la-david-gunn-4338626.h...
- Frequent Lecturer of Technical Material to numerous Bar Associations and CPA Societies, in topics such as Tax Advocacy before the IRS, Buying or Selling a Business, Estate Planning for the CPA, etc.
- Board Certified Tax Attorney, Estate Planning and Administration Specialist by the Louisiana State Bar Association
- Northeast Lousiana University, B.A. in Accounting
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. Tax Court, 1982
Office location for David S. Gunn
5800 One Perkins Place Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70808