J. David Bourland
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Baton Rouge, LouisianaAttorney at Law
J. David Bourland is an experienced criminal defense attorney based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He opened his solo practice, J. David Bourland, Attorney at Law, after many years of working in various capacities for the government. He began his legal career in Baton Rouge acting as special counsel for the East Baton Rouge Parish Attorney's Office. He went on to become the Chief Administrative Officer for Baton Rouge and was also the Chief Assistant to the East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney. It is this work which gave him the understanding and experience that has made him successful as a defense trial attorney in complex criminal cases.
Mr. Bourland earned his Juris Doctorate from Texas Tech University, and went on to earn a Master of Laws from DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. He is admitted to the Lousiana State Bar Association and the Utah State Bar Association. In addition, his work in high-profile federal cases led him to be admitted to the District of Columbia Bar, in Washington D.C., which was awarded in 1987. He provides counsel to defendants in the State District Courts of Louisiana, U.S. District Courts of Middle, Eastern and Western Louisiana, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans, the U.S. Claims Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Bourland is a member of the American Bar Association and the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He is noted for his experience and professional conduct. He is also a member of the American Inns of Court, which is dedicated to excellence in professionalism and ethics.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal
- 80% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1970, Utah
Professional Webpage: http://www.manta.com/c/mt1vt8l/david-j-bourland-attorney
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, Master of Laws
- Texas Tech University, J.D.
- Weber State University, Ogden, Utah, United States of America, B.S.
- Past Chairman East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, Emergency Medial Services Board; Past Member East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana, Zoning & Planing Commission.
- Member, American Inns of Court
- Law Clerk To Chief Justice, Nevada Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Member, National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Louisiana State Bar
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Utah State Bar
- Criminal Justice Attorney Panel Member, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Have been named to Super Lawyers' for past 6 years., Super Lawyers', SuperLawyers.com, 2022
Office location for J. David Bourland
10101 Siegen Ln Bldg 3A
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2024