Mary Katherine Shoenfelt
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA
An attorney at Carleton Hebert & Shoenfelt, LLC, Katie Shoenfelt handles cases of family law and personal injury for clients in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her practice focus includes issues of paternity, restraining orders, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, partitioning of community property, judicial separating, spousal support or alimony, child support, child custody, divorce, car accidents, and medical malpractice.
Ms. Shoenfelt is a member of the Baton Rouge Association of Women Attorneys, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Louisiana Association for Justice, and the Baton Rouge Bar Association. She presently serves as the Vice President of the Louisiana State Bar Association's Family Law Section. During law school, college, and high school, she participated in the France study abroad program, the Spain study abroad program, and the Argentina study abroad program.
Ms. Shoenfelt holds a Bachelor of Science in biological sciences from Louisiana State University with a minor in communication studies. While in school, she was a member of the National Scholar Honor Society, the National dean’s list, and was a member of the Intellectual Property Law Society, the Environmental Law Society, and the Legal Association of Women. Then she attended Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where she earned a graduate degree in civil law and a Juris Doctor. She has also been given the Pretrial Litigation Excellence Honor.
Actively giving back to her community, Ms. Shoenfelt works on the Baton Rouge Bar Association Pro Bono Project. She is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern, and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, along with all courts for the state of Louisiana.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Father's Rights, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
About Mary Katherine Shoenfelt
First Admitted: 2009, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawfirmbr.com/Attorneys/Mary-K-Shoenfelt.shtml
- Louisiana State University, B.S., Major: Biological Science (Pre medical), Minor: Communication Studies, 2006, Honors: Treasure of Environmental Law Society, 2006 - 2009, Member of intellectual Property Law Society, 2007 - 2009, Member of Legal Association of Women, 2006 - 2009, Named as Collegiate All-American Scholar by United States Achievement Academy, 2003, National Dean's List, 2003 - 2004, National Society of Collegiate Scholar, National Scholar Honor Society, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Pro bono/Community Service
- Baton Rouge Bar Pro Bono Project, 2012 - Present
- Pretrial Litigation Excellence Honor
- Brecheen vs the news Group, L.P., 105 So 3d 1011, 2013-0263 (La. 2013)
- Brecheen vs the news Group, L.P., 11-11-73 (La. App 5 Cir 2012)
- Brecheen vs the news Group, L.P., 109 So 3rd 384
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2009
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2009
- Louisiana Association of Justice, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2009
- Baton Rouge Bar Association, Member
- Baton Rouse Association of Women Attorneys, Member, 2010 - Present
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022