Roy Louis Bergeron, Jr.
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA
- Free Consultation
Roy Bergeron Jr. is an attorney with Simien & Simien, LLC, law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Licensed to practice in Mississippi as well as Louisiana, Mr. Bergeron provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients throughout both states who have suffered injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Along with handling personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from automobile accidents, defective products and other preventable tragedies, Mr. Bergeron has extensive experience handling highly complex, high-stakes civil litigation for individuals and government entities, including bad faith claims and other matters.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Bergeron served as an attorney with the Louisiana Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority. In this role, he represented the state during damage assessment and restoration efforts following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and he helped secure more than $5 billion in restitution for the state, which stands as one of the largest environmental settlements ever achieved in the U.S.
A native of Houma and long-time resident of Baton Rouge, Mr. Bergeron graduated summa cum laude from Louisiana State University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts in religious studies. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Louisiana State University's Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 2011. While there, he served as senior editor of the Louisiana Law Review, and he graduated Order of the Coif.
Mr. Bergeron is admitted to practice before all state courts and U.S. District Courts in Louisiana and Mississippi as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He has several publications to his credit, and he is an active member of various local, state and national legal organizations.
- 30%General Litigation
- 30%Insurance Coverage
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
Litigation, Bad Faith Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Class Actions, Whistleblower
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Roy Louis Bergeron, Jr.
First Admitted: 2011, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.simien.com/RoyLouisBergeronJr.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Baton Rouge Community
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Graduate Diploma in Civil Law, 2011
- Louisiana State University, B.A., Religious Studies, minors in Political Science and Anthropology, summa cum laude, LSU Tiger Marching Band, Member, 2006
- Louisiana State University, Honors College Sophomore Honors Distinction
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Order of the Coif, Magna cum laude, 2011
- Louisiana Supreme Court and all inferior state courts
- All United States District Courts in Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana Law Review, Senior Editor, 2011
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Faith on the Farm: An Analysis of Angola Prison's Moral Rehabilitation Program Under the Establishment Clause, 71 La. L. Rev. 1221, 2011
- Roy L. Bergeron, Jr., Recent Developments: Environmental Law, 60 La. B.J. 512, 2013
- John P. Manard Jr., Steven J. Levine, S. Ault Hootsell III, J. Alan Harrell, Roy L. Bergeron Jr., and Evan Dicharry, Case Strategy and Trial Management in Toxic Tort Litigation 167 (Arthur F. Foerster & Christine Gregorski Rolph eds., 2d ed.), 2013
- 3 occupations at a high risk of asbestos exposure https://t.co/MZVbqX869C https://t.co/1h3le03DJm
- How dangerous are trucks? https://t.co/NttvFjJZpY https://t.co/v4Suy89ABP
- Should there be an upper age limit on driving? https://t.co/8sgBTqLkJI https://t.co/rtMWRjxsOd
- Do I need to renew my green card? https://t.co/SJ5uspmlfV https://t.co/pyLVW7zOyp
- What risk do partying teens pose on the roads? https://t.co/iBj7CBMo4h https://t.co/MqdnvQATTT
Last Updated: 5/15/2022