Thomas C. Damico
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA
Mr. Damico graduated from the Louisiana State University Law Center in 1979 with a Juris Doctorate. Thereafter, Mr. Damico embarked on a law career primarily in the area of criminal law.
Immediately after law school, Mr. Damico was appointed as an Assistant District Attorney for the 19th Judicial District located in East Baton Rouge Parish, the capital of Louisiana. During his five years as an Assistant District Attorney he steadily rose from a misdemeanor assistant to the position of Section Chief in a mere 28 months. As Section Chief, he was not only responsible for handling and trying the most serious and high profile cases in his section, he was also responsible for the training of attorneys and their support staff.
Further, as a result of his successes in the District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Damico was appointed to aid other prosecutorial jurisdictions during his tenure.
After five years, Mr. Damico was recruited and joined a three man law firm that quickly grew to an eight man firm of which Mr. Damico became the managing partner, as well as one of the chief litigators. In 1989, Mr. Damico opened his own law firm where he continued to apply his knowledge of criminal law and more specifically criminal defense law. Through his practice, Mr. Damico has represented thousands of individuals, companies and public officials. Mr. Damico’s success in the field of criminal defense law has earned him a strong reputation among other defense attorneys, prosecutors and judges as a hard working, aggressive and successful criminal defense attorney.
Mr. Damico’s philosophy is to provide complete representation in the criminal defense field by fully investigating and grasping the factual issues in every case and then by applying every available area of research and law to the proper legal defense for that case. Mr. Damico’s extensive trial experience has been aggressively utilized to obtain the best end result possible for the client, be it through actual pretrial and trial work or negotiations that lead to the client’s desired result.
About Thomas C. Damico
First Admitted: 1979, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.thomasdamico.com/Attorneys/Thomas-C-Damico.shtml
- Peer Review Rated AV, Martindale Hubbell
- The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Louisiana, The National Trial Lawyers
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Award, Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Civil Liberties Union
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2001
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Charter Member
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1984
- The National Trial Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Baton Rouge Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Past President
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana, 1979
- Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2007
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers for Constitutional Principles, Past President
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana, Natchitoches, Louisiana - B.A., 1974
- Sending drugs in the mail is illegal with few exceptions https://t.co/2moYiSLasg
- Telemarketing scams and fraud https://t.co/FFq1dDcBsL
- Issues with strict DUI laws https://t.co/vOfqddOCub
- You have a right to go to trial https://t.co/NqNbqUDDrG
- Were mistakes made in your DWI case? https://t.co/CPZdPIJ2ni
Last Updated: 8/10/2022