Jack E. (Bobby) Truitt
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Covington, LA
Attorney Jack E. (Bobby) Truitt is a partner with The Truitt Law Firm, LLC, which has offices located in Covington and Metairie, Louisiana. Serving both plaintiff and defendant clients alike throughout St. Tammany Parish and the surrounding areas of the greater New Orleans metro region, Mr. Truitt provides exceptional advocacy and support to those dealing with complex legal challenges involving any of the following:
· Personal injury litigation
· Workers' compensation litigation
· Products liability litigation
· Maritime litigation
· Business litigation
Early in his career, Mr. Truitt worked for several prominent insurance defense firms, where he gained invaluable experience dealing with admiralty and workers' compensation claims, as well as other general casualty litigation. Licensed to practice in Texas and Louisiana, he has achieved notable success handling matters in state, federal and appellate courts throughout both states and across the country. Insurance and tortious claims defense remain a significant portion of his practice, and his client list includes some of the nation's largest corporations and insurance providers.
Widely regarded as one of the top trial lawyers in the country, Mr. Truitt holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and his firm recently earned a distinction of approval from A. M. Best Insurance Ratings. Mr. Truitt has also received many other accolades from his peers along with numerous positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1984 graduate of Louisiana State University, Mr. Truitt obtained his Juris Doctor from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law in 1987. The Louisiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and the State Bar of Texas admitted him in 1994. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, the U.S. federal court, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his field, Mr. Truitt has conducted numerous continuing legal education seminars. Furthermore, he is an active member of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, the Defense Research Institute, the National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association, where he served with the House of Delegates.
Mr. Truitt is also heavily involved in his local community through his service to several civic and charitable organizations across his area, and he serves as a board member and chairman of the West St. Tammany YMCA.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards
About Jack E. (Bobby) Truitt
First Admitted: 1987, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.truittlaw.com/attorney/jack-e-truitt/
- A. M. Best Insurance Ratings
- Board of Directors for the West St. Tammany YMCA
- Leaders in Law are nominated from lawyers in the public sector, private practice, judiciary, and government. Those selected have demonstrated leadership in their respective area of the practice of law and committed time to charitable endeavors in the community., Leaders in Law Class of 2010, New Orleans Citybusiness, 2010
- Martindale Hubbell
- National Restaurant Retail Defense Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. Federal Court, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1987
- Texas, 1994
- Member, Louisiana and Texas State Bar Associations; Member, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Member, Defense Research Institute; Past Delegate, Louisiana State House of Delegates; Member, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Louisiana, 1987
- Ham v. Pennzoil Co., 869 F.2d 840 (La. App. 5th Cir. 4/10/89); Farber v. U.S. Fidelity & Guar. Ins. Co., 561 So.2d 951 (La. App. 4th Cir. 5/15/90); Hughes v. Gulf Intern., 593 So.2d 776 (La. App. 4th Cir. 1/16/92); Perez v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 608 So.2d 1006 (La. 11/30/92); Duckett v. K-Mart Corp., 645 So.2d 621 (La. 10/17/94); Verret v. Tonti Management Corp., 662 So.2d 480 (La. App. 5th Cir. 6/28/95); Bungart v. K-mart Corp., 668 So.2d 1335 (La. App. 1st Cir. 2/23/96); Smith v. K-Mart Corp., 712 So.2d 1042 (La. App. 4th Cir. 5/20/98); Payne v. Tonti Realty Corp., 714 So.2d 1271, 98-76 (La. App. 5th Cir. 6/30/98); Bonck v. K-Mart Corp., 733 So.2d 1277 (La. App. 4th Cir. 5/19/99); Fisher v. Walgreen Louisiana Corp., Inc., 746 So.2d 161 (La. App. 5th Cir. 10/13/99); Hall v. K-Mart, 755 So.2d 1020 (La. App. 4th Cir. 3/1/00); Billiot v. K-Mart Corp., 764 So.2d 329 (La. App. 1st Cir. 6/23/00); Wainwright v. Fontenot, 774 So.2d 70 (La. 10/17/00); Griffin v. K-Mart Corp., 776 So.2d 1226 (La. App. 5th Cir. 11/28/00); LaSalle v. Benson Car Co., Inc., 783 So.2d 404 (La. App. 5th Cir. 1/30/01); Negri v. Authement, 28 So. 3d 1071 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2009)
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Minor: Political Science, B.S. - 1984
- AIG Insurance Company, Family Dollar Stores, Farmers Insurance Group, Darden Restaurants, Belk, Stage Department Stores
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chairman, Board of Trustees of the West St. Tammany YMCA
- Delta Sigma Pi
Other Outstanding Achievements
- City Business Leaders in Law , 2011
- Legal Malpractice
Last Updated: 8/1/2022