Mark J. Mansfield
Top rated family law attorney in Covington, LouisianaTranchina & Mansfield LLC
Born and raised in Louisiana, Mark J. Mansfield is passionate about helping families in the Covington and surrounding areas as they face challenges associated with issues such as divorce, child custody and property division. As a partner at Tranchina & Mansfield, LLC, he has a strong belief that everyone deserves quality representation when their rights, relationships and future are on the line.
Mr. Mansfield is a former prosecutor who successfully handled hundreds of child support cases. Now in private practice, he brings that litigation experience to his work. Additionally, he is a qualified mediator who seeks to help clients avoid the courtroom and save their time and resources. The Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization has certified him in family law.
As a husband and father, Mr. Mansfield recognizes how emotionally charged these situations may be. His goal is to bring people peace of mind through clearly explaining their case and what their options are for moving forward. He seeks to preserve family relationships through amicable conversation and negotiation when possible.
For his compassionate representation and ability to return results, Mr. Mansfield has earned the highest peer review rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America; and he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating. Additionally, continuing legal education seminar staff frequently seek him out as a guest speaker.
In 1997, Mr. Mansfield received a Bachelor of Arts in history and graduated with honors from Franciscan University of Steubenville. He earned a Juris Doctor in 2000 from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law.
Mr. Mansfield is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2000, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://tranchinaandmansfield.com/mark-mansfield/
- U. S. Supreme Court, 2005
- U. S. District Court, Western District, 2005
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District, 2003
- Louisiana Bar, 2000
- Committee Member, Louisiana Office of Disciplinary Counsel
- Vice President, Student Body, Franciscan University, Steubenville, OH, 1996-1997
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, Notary Public
- Member, Covington Bar Association
- Member, Jefferson Parish Bar Association
- President Greater Covington Bar Association Appointed to Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board, 2013
- Who’s Who in American Law School Students, 1998-2000
- “Top 50”, Super Lawyers, New Orleans, 2019
- Who’s Who in American College Students, 1993-97
- Family Law, Super Lawyer, 2014
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Rising Star”, Family Law, Super Lawyers Magazine
- President, Greater Covington Bar Association, 2013
- AV rating, Peer-Reviewed Martindale-Hubbell, 2010
- Vice President, Greater Covington Bar Association, 2011
- Parishioner, Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church
- Board Member, New Orleans Medical Mission Services Foundation
- Speaker, Family Law, Continuing Legal Education Seminar
- Franciscan University, B.A. History, 1997 with Honors
- Jesuit High School, 1993
- Qualified Family Law Mediator, 2012
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization, 2010
Office location for Mark J. Mansfield
321 E Kirkland Street
Covington, LA 70433
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013