Christy M. Howley Connois
Top rated Family Law attorney in Gretna, LouisianaBowman & Howley
Extensively experienced across multiple areas of practice, Christy M. Howley is a well-rounded attorney practicing in Louisiana. Serving as an attorney with Bowman & Howley, in Gretna, Louisiana, she covers all aspects of family law, encompassing matters related to divorce, child custody and support, property division, adoption and more as well as practicing succession law, personal injury and criminal law, both misdemeanor and felony.
Licensed to practice in Louisiana since 1996, Ms. Howley started her professional career as a legal assistant at a well regarded insurance defense firm in the Greater New Orleans area, working during the day and attending law school in the evening. Throughout the years, she has worked closely with and earned experience in a number of practice areas, including personal injury, wills and estates, family law, insurance law and criminal defense.
Ms. Howley understands that family law matters are extremely sensitive to deal with and handles each of her clients accordingly. With more than 27 years of practicing law, she has honed her skills to the level of being able to proficiently resolve complex cases with high stakes and complicated asset division. Securing a “Good” rating on Avvo, she has also received several positive peer-reviews through Martindale-Hubbell.
A testament to her achievements in the legal arena, Ms. Howley has been included in the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys’ list of Top 10 Family Lawyers in Louisiana and has shared a tie for first place as the “Best Attorney in Jefferson Parish” featured in the Jefferson Life magazine.
Ms. Howley has a bachelor’s degree in English and political science from Loyola University New Orleans and also holds a Juris Doctor degree from her alma mater. She is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Jefferson Bar Association; and extends her service for the upliftment of her community by volunteering with several organizations, such as the Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1996, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://bowmanandhowley.com/19-2/
- Top family law attorneys in Louisiana, 2011, Super Lawyer
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in State of Louisiana, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- 2012 and 2020 Super Lawyers in Family Law, Super Lawyers in Family Law, Super Lawyers
- Was named Best Attorney in Jefferson Parish in 2010 by JeffLife Magazine in a tie for first place., Best Attorney in Jefferson Parish, JeffLife Magazine, 2010
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, Jefferson Parish Bar Association
- Member, House of Delegates for the Louisiana State Bar Association, 2011-Present Vice Chair of the Committee on the Profession, Louisiana State Bar Association 2016-Present Member, Committee on the Profession, LSBA, 2006-Present
- Elected as a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates, 2011
- Member of Professionalism Committee/Committee on the Profession 2006-present
- Graduate Loyola University New Orleans
- Regular contributor to the Professionalism column of the Louisiana State Bar Association journal. , Contributor, Professionalism articles, Louisiana State Bar Journal
- Elected as Chair of the Board of Directors of Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana, 2019
- Member of the Board of Volunteers of America of Greater New Orleans and Chair of the VOA Golfstar Classic Charity Golf Tournament 2009-Present
- Family Law Section Of The LSBA
- Member of the Committee On The Profession
- Member of the House of Delegates
Office location for Christy M. Howley Connois
629 Lafayette St
Gretna, LA 70053-6218
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2020 - 2024