Andre G. Coudrain
Top rated state, local & municipal attorney in Hammond, LouisianaCashe Coudrain & Bass
Attorney Andre G. Coudrain is a partner with Cashe Coudrain & Bass law firm in Hammond, Louisiana. Nationally ranked among the preeminent lawyers in the country, Mr. Coudrain has more than 37 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout Tangipahoa Parish and the surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Construction law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Creditor’s rights
- Public bodies law
- Real estate
- Trial advocacy
- Wills and successions
A native of New Orleans, Mr. Coudrain graduated from Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond in 1979. While there, he served as president of the Student Government Association as well as chairman of its election board, and he received recognition as the Outstanding Male Student in his final year. He also served on the board of trustees for state colleges and universities in Louisiana as well as the management boards for ten colleges and universities in Louisiana and other committees.
Following his undergraduate work, Mr. Coudrain attended graduate school at Southeastern before deciding to pursue his legal career. He then attended Loyola University Law School in New Orleans and obtained his Juris Doctor in 1983. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Mr. Coudrain has worked for the City of Hammond as the city attorney since 2003, where he has served as legal advisor to the mayor and city council as well as for all of the city's boards and commissions. He also accepted a governor's appointment to serve on the University of Louisiana System's board of supervisors, and he has chaired several of the organization's committees as well as its board.
Throughout the course of his legal practice, Mr. Coudrain has achieved remarkable success helping his clients achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, he has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers.
Among his other notable accolades, Mr. Coudrain has also earned a lifetime membership in the National Registry of Who's Who, and Southeastern Louisiana University named him Golden Ambassador in 2015. He has also received a Legion of Honor Award from the Hammond Kiwanis Club for his more than 30 years of service to the organization, and he received the Hammond Mayor's Gold Award for his selfless contributions to the Louisiana Special Olympics.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Coudrain is a member of the Louisiana and American Bar Associations, the Louisiana Bankers Association's Bank Counsel Section, and the 21st Judicial District Bar Association. He is also a fellow with the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasState, local & municipal, Business/corporate, Estate planning & probate, Banking, Civil litigation: defense, General litigation
- 30% State, local & municipal
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Banking
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1983, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.ccbattorneys.com/attorney/andre-g-coudrain/
- Office of the Disciplinary Counsel of the Louisiana State Bar Association, Probation Monitor
- U.S Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Courts of the Middle, Eastern, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Inns of Court for the 21st Judicial District Court, Founding Member
- Louisiana Bankers Association/Bank Counsel Section, Member
- Louisiana, 1983
- 21st Judicial District Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Holy Ghost Catholic Church Parish, Trustee and also a Member of the Parish Finance Council and Lector
- Hammond Kiwanis Club, Member
- Louisiana Special Olympics, Board of Directors
- Louisiana Special Olympics, Chairman
- Advisory Board of St. Thomas Aquinas Regional High School
- Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Chairman of the Finance Committee, Chairman of the Legislation Committee, Chairman of the Academic and Student Affairs Committee, Board of Supervisors, University of Louisiana System, 1996 - 2014
- Distinguished Alumnus of the College of Arts and Sciences, 2002
- AV Preeminent, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell Attorney Directory
- Hammond Man of the Year, Junior Auxiliary, 2003
- Legion of Honor, 2016
- Hammond Mayor's Gold Award, 2007
- Golden Ambassador by Southeastern Louisiana University, 2015
- Life Member, National Registry of Who's Who, 2000
- Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, Bachelor of Arts in Government, Honors: Outstanding Male Student, 1979 - 1980, Student Member to the Board of Trustees for State Colleges and Universities in Louisiana, Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System, SGA Vice-President, Chairman of the SGA Election Board, President of Circle K, President of the Student Government Association, 1979
Office location for Andre G. Coudrain
106 S Magnolia St
Hammond, LA 70403
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023