Brian C. Colomb
Top rated personal injury attorney in Lafayette, LouisianaGordon McKernan Injury Attorneys
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1998
A highly regarded civil litigator, Brian C. Colomb is an attorney at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys. From the firm's office in Lafayette, Louisiana, he provides representation to clients throughout the area who have been harmed by the negligence of others in cases involving motor vehicle collisions, defective products, and maritime matters arising under the Jones Act and the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. Some of the favorable results that Mr. Colomb has been able to obtain on behalf of his clients have included a $9 million recovery for a fisherman who was paralyzed when he struck a low-hanging cable and a $4.3 million settlement for a person who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a motor vehicle accident caused by a negligent driver.
A native of Lafayette, Mr. Colomb attended Louisiana State University as an undergraduate, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1995. Remaining in Baton Rouge, he pursued his legal education at the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1998. Since becoming an attorney, he has focused his practice exclusively on plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Admitted to practice in Louisiana, Mr. Colomb is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Colomb has earned the esteem of his fellow attorneys for his track record and superb ethics. Named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, he has also received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. A former member of the board of governors of the Louisiana Association for Justice, he is also a member of that organization's Maritime Section.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.getgordon.com/team_member/brian-c-colomb/
- Louisiana Super Lawyer
- Rated AV Preeminent Judicial Edition, Martindale-Hubbell
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top Attorneys in Louisiana, Louisiana Life Magazine
- Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Worldwide Registry
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.A., 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2001
- Lafayette Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2001
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
- Louisiana, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2003
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Maritime Law Section Committee Chair
- Million Dollar Advocates, Member
- American Association for Justice Annual Convention, Montreal, Canada
- The Care and Feeding of Expert Witnesses, LSU Law Center Apprenticeship Week
- High Stakes on the High Seas Maritime Law Conference
- Maximizing Seamen’s Death Damages, Louisiana Advocates
- In Rem: In Vogue, Again?, High Stakes on the High Seas Maritime Law Conference
- Warren v. Teleflex amicus brief, Louisiana Association for Justice & American Association for Justice
- Author, Damages after Haleigh McBride, et al v. Estis Well Service (en banc), 13th Annual Judge Alvin B. Rubin Conference on Maritime Personal Injury Law, Maritime, 2015
- Author, McBride v. Estis Well Service, LLC: The Seaman's Case for Punitive Damages Under His Unseaworthiness Claim and How the U.S. Fifth Circuit Got it Wrong, Again, Loyola Maritime Law Journal, Maritime
- Author, Haleigh McBride, et al v. Estis Well Service and Related Punitive Damages Issues, 12th Annual Judge Alvin B. Rubin Conference on Maritime Personal Injury Law, Maritime
- $1,900,000 judgment upheld against Estis Well Services LLC over a deadly barge-mounted drilling rig accident in Louisiana in 2011.
- $1,700,000 federal court verdict for the family of a prison killed on a drilling rig while in work release.
- $2,100,000 settlement for client who had back fusion prior to accident and had to redo the surgery., 2020
- $2,650,000 settlement for my client that was on the first day of his job unloading a truck underneath a crane. Pieces of the crane broke off and fell on the top of my client's head., 2019
- $4,300,000 for my client who was injured in an auto accident and suffered mild, traumatic brain injury., 2013
- $3,000,000 award for an Arkansas tow boat worker who sustained a back injury in Pennsylvania.
- $1,500,000 for a female who sustained foot and neck injuries in an 18-wheeler collision., 2016
- Brian C. Colomb recovers $9,000,000 for a 73 year-old fisherman who was paralyzed when he struck a low hanging cable.
- $900,000 for a diver who sustained a back injury working in the Gulf of Mexico., 2016
Office location for Brian C. Colomb
2505 Verot School Rd
Lafayette, LA 70508
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2014, 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012