Jason M. Welborn
Top rated personal injury attorney in Lafayette, LouisianaWelborn & Hargett Injury Attorneys
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Transportation & maritime, Aviation & aerospace; view more
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1999
Jason M. Welborn is a partner at the law firm of Welborn & Hargett, LLC, in Lafayette, Louisiana. Mr. Welborn handles personal injury and maritime law cases, representing clients in Lafayette, Lake Charles and the surrounding areas. He has experience with cases involving motor vehicle crashes, offshore accidents, trucking wrecks and other accidents caused by negligence.
Mr. Welborn has been practicing law for over 20 years. During his time in practice, he has recovered major amounts of compensation through settlements and verdicts on behalf of the injured and their families. He provides support and guidance to his clients, advising them on the best options for their situations and negotiating solutions or arguing their cases forcefully in court when it becomes necessary.
Mr. Welborn is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an exclusive organization of attorneys who have recovered verdicts or settlements of $1 million or more for their clients.
Mr. Welborn graduated from the University of Central Florida with a bachelor’s degree before earning his law degree from Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Before joining Welborn & Hargett, LLC, in 2003, he was an associate attorney at two Lafayette law firms. He holds a license to practice law before all Louisiana state courts; the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He participates in the Lafayette Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Transportation/maritime, Aviation and aerospace
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Admiralty & maritime law, Aviation accidents - plaintiff
First Admitted: 1999, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.wandhlawfirm.com/attorney-profile
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Awarded a AV rating for the Highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to be a member of Louisiana Super Lawyers by my peers, 2019 - 2020, Louisiana Super Lawyers, Louisiana Super Lawyers
- University of Central Florida, B.A., 1993
- Louisiana, 1999
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association, 1999 - Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1999 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1999
- Litigation award for outstanding personal injury litigation, 2014
- Top 100 trial lawyers in Louisiana as rated by Louisiana Life Magazine
- $2.3 Million settlement for a young woman rear-ended by a tow truck, 2020
- $4,400,000 Jury verdict for a 43 year old commercial driver involved in a rear end collision, 2020
- $1.8 Million settlement for a gentlemen whose truck was sideswiped in a parking lot by a commercial vehicle, 2020
- $7,100,000 Trial Verdict for a Jones Act Seaman who developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome after an accident, 2016
Office location for Jason M. Welborn
1540 W Pinhook Rd
Lafayette, LA 70503
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
Find me online
- Dealing with the aftermath of a serious injury can be stressful and tedious. Allow us to help lessen the burden by… https://t.co/aAZC7d0r9c
- When disaster strikes, always turn to Welborn & Hargett, Injury Lawyers. We work hard to protect the rights of our… https://t.co/4mKHqGHyp3
- Avoiding mistakes such as leaving the scene of a car accident, not calling police and apologizing for the wreck can… https://t.co/4PheNGZXkS