Lucas S. Colligan
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Lafayette, LA
Lucas S. Colligan is an attorney with the Gaar Law Firm in Lafayette, Louisiana. A highly rated trial lawyer with more than 10 years of legal experience, Mr. Colligan devotes his practice primarily to personal injury law and helping his clients recover the full amount of compensation they deserve for the catastrophic injuries and losses they suffered as the result of motor vehicles accidents, medical malpractice and other preventable tragedies caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
A native of Louisiana, Mr. Colligan has focused his practice on legal issues involving the oil and gas industries for the past several years. During that time, he has handled many cases involving the Jones Act, offshore accidents, oil well blowouts, and Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act claims. Over the course of his career, he has helped secure many substantial settlements and awards for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned the respect of his clients and peers alike for his impeccable professionalism and service.
In addition, Mr. Colligan supports his local community through his involvement with various civic and charitable organizations, and he routinely volunteers his legal services to those less fortunate throughout his region. In all cases, Mr. Colligan aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves, and he has seen firsthand how the civil legal system can help restore people's lives and hold others accountable for their actions.
A 2005 graduate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Mr. Colligan attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2008. The Louisiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Dedicated to his profession, he is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Lafayette Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022
About Lucas S. Colligan
First Admitted: 2008, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.gaarlaw.com/Attorneys/Lucas-S-Colligan.shtml
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, B.S. - 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Cum Laude Honors Graduate, Loyola School of Law, 2008
- $3.1 million for injury to a student that occured at school, 2018
- $2.2 million for hit and run accident in Lafayette, LA, 2015
- $1.8 million settlement for medical malpractice claim, 2018
- $1.7 million for auto accident, 2015
- $1.6 million for offshore accident, 2015
- $875,000 for offshore accident, 2014
- $400,000 verdict for offshore accident, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022