Sera H. Russell, III
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Lafayette, LA
- Free Consultation
Sera H. Russell, III is a highly respected and experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney. Over the course of his lengthy career, Mr. Russell has tried nearly 200 cases, including 34 medical malpractice cases and approximately 45 appeals.
Mr. Russell has been practicing law since 1978. He is both a founding member and former chairman of the medical malpractice section of the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association. In addition, Mr. Russell is board certified by and a diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He has also spoken about medical malpractice and general trial practice at numerous professional seminars.
Located in Lafayette, the Law Offices of Sera H. Russell, III also serves clients in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Houma, Lake Charles and the surrounding areas. The firm handles a wide variety of personal injury cases, including those involving medical malpractice, emergency room errors, misdiagnosis, birth injuries, maritime law and offshore injuries, car accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, product liability and workers’ compensation.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Sera H. Russell, III
First Admitted: 1978, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.serarussell.com/Attorney/Sera-H-Russell-Iii.shtm...
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.A. in History, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1978
- Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1978
- The Mark Company -- $650,000 -- accounting malpractice, 2019
- Gilman -- $900,000 -- partial paralysis -- medical malpractice, 2020
- Mc Brive $880,000 -- partial loss of foot -- products liability
- Conrad -- $1,200,000 -- medical malpractice, 2017
- Hidalgo -- $1,300,000 -- RSD -- medical malpractice
- Laurich -- $950,000 broken and fused leg -- auto wreck
- Wilson $775,000 -- loss of leg function -- offshore injury
- Horinek -- $1,600,000 -- partial paralysis -- products liability
- Williams -- $990,000 -- burns to arm -- offshore accident
- Fruge $775,000 -- partial paralysis -- medical malpractice
Last Updated: 5/15/2022