William L. Goode
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Lafayette, LouisianaThe Goode Law Firm
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Personal injury
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1972
Attorney William L. Goode is a member of The Goode Law Firm in Lafayette, Louisiana. Nationally regarded as a leading trial attorney, Mr. Goode has more than 50 years of legal experience. He represents the rights and liberties of clients throughout Louisiana and Texas who have legal needs involving any of the following practice areas:
· Criminal defense
· Personal injury
· Drug crimes
· Auto accidents
· Wrongful death
Having once served as a U.S. magistrate judge as well as state and federal prosecutor, Mr. Goode has a unique insight into the criminal justice system, which helps him devise the most effective defense strategies possible for the accused. Moreover, he has outstanding trial abilities, and he has assisted hundreds of clients in obtaining the justice they deserve after suffering an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
No matter the issues his clients are facing or how complex their needs are, Mr. Goode has proven himself a devoted and effective legal advocate who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for those he serves. Recognized for his exemplary ethical standards and outstanding legal abilities, he has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with numerous other accolades from his peers.
A 1968 graduate of Texas A & M University, Mr. Goode obtained his Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University's Paul M. Herbert Law Center in 1971. Along with practicing before all Louisiana and Texas state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the Southern District of Texas, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Goode is a member of the Lafayette Bar Association, the Louisiana and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Louisiana and American Associations for Justice. He is also active with the National College for DUI Defense, the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys and the National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 80% Criminal defense
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1972, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.goodelawyer.com/attorneys/william-l-goode/
- National College for DUI Defense
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- LA Association for Justice
- LA Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Federal Fifth Circuit
- Texas State Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2001, Texas
- Admitted in 1972, Louisiana
- Honorable Discharge, USAR Armor - Captain
- Texas A & M University, Class of 1968, B.A.
Office location for William L. Goode
812 Johnston St
Lafayette, LA 70501
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023