Michael H. Schwartzberg
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Lake Charles, LA
- Free Consultation
Michael H. Schwartzberg is an attorney with The Roach Law Firm in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Licensed to practice in Texas as well as Louisiana, Mr. Schwartzberg represents the rights and interests of clients throughout both states who are dealing with complex legal challenges involving personal injury and accident claims, business disputes, succession issues, professional liability claims, insurance claims, and other litigation matters.
A highly versatile attorney with a diverse background, Mr. Schwartzberg received his bachelor's degree in Music Education from Louisiana State University in 1980. He then attended Boston University, where he earned his master's degree in music in 1983. Following that, Mr. Schwartzberg returned to his alma mater and attended Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1986. The Louisiana State Bar Association admitted him to practice that same year, and the State Bar of Texas admitted him in 1988.
Along with practicing before all Louisiana and Texas state courts, Mr. Schwartzberg has extensive experience handling cases in federal courts, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and United States Supreme Court. Mr. Schwartzberg started his legal career as a law clerk for 2 years with the Court of Appeal, Third Circuit, (1986-1988) and then 1 year as the law clerk for the United States Magistrate for the United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana, Lake Charles Division (1988-1989)
As an attorney, Mr. Schwartzberg has gained a reputation as a tenacious trial lawyer who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes for his clients, no matter how complex their situation. The personalized attention he provides coupled with his success in helping his clients resolve their conflicts efficiently has earned him several awards and honors throughout his career, and he has secured numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for those he has served.
A consummate professional, Mr. Schwartzberg is an active member of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and the Louisiana Association for Justice, among his other professional affiliations. Mr. Schwartzberg is also a representative/delegate from the 14th Judicial District to the House of Delegates for the Louisiana State Bar Association. He also gives back to his local community through his involvement with the Jewish Congregation of Temple Sinai of Lake Charles, where he has served on the board of trustees and taught religious school.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Insurance Coverage
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Litigation, Insurance, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Michael H. Schwartzberg
First Admitted: 1986, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.theroachlawfirm.com/Attorneys/Michael-H-Schwartz...
- Boston University, M.A., Major: Masters of Music
- Louisiana State University, B.A., Major: Bachelor of Music Education
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1990
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- Member, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana , 1989
- Member, Louisiana Association for Justice, 1989
- Texas State Bar, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1989
- United States Supreme Court, 1992
- Louisiana State Bar, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of Calcasieu Parish Animal Control Board, 2014
- Past Member, Board of Trustees of the Jewish Congregation of Temple Sinai of Lake Charles, 1989
Last Updated: 5/15/2022