Steven W. Hale
Top rated family law attorney in Lake Charles, LouisianaHale Law Firm
Practice Areas: Family law, Personal injury, Criminal defense
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1977
Steven W. Hale is the managing partner of Hale Law Firm in Lake Charles, Louisiana. With more than 35 years of experience, Mr. Hale has dedicated his career to representing individuals wrongfully injured by the negligence of others. His practice focuses primarily on serious personal injury, including truck and automobile accidents, maritime accidents, Jones Act cases, industrial safety and premises liability. Mr. Hale also handles Social Security Disability and related matters as well as business law, family law and select criminal matters. He has successfully litigated thousands of personal injury claims.
Mr. Hale is a graduate of Louisiana State University and the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he was granted early admission after three years of college. He earned his Juris Doctor in 1977.
Mr. Hale began his career as a law clerk for several judges of the 14th Judicial District Court in Lake Charles. He then became an assistant district attorney for Calcasieu Parish, prosecuting felony and misdemeanor charges before the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals and the Louisiana Supreme Court. He subsequently entered private practice with the firm of Salter, Street & Hale, representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases for more than two decades. In 2000, he moved to his present position.
Mr. Hale is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and the Louisiana Association of Wholesalers. Well regarded among his peers, Mr. Hale has been honored with an AV-Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has served on both the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Ethics Committee and the Louisiana Family Law Certification Board.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
- 50% Family law
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1977
Professional Webpage: http://www.halelawfirm.com/Attorneys/Steven-W-Hale.shtml
- Family Law, Louisiana State Bar Association, 1995 - Present
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.S., Honors: Early Admission to Law School
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, J.D., Honors: Moot Court Board, 1977
- Top Personal Injury Attorneys in Acadiana, 2012
- Highest Peer Review Rating of "AV" from Martindale-Hubbell, 2004-present
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating, 2004 - 2012
- Member, Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Louisiana Association of Wholesalers
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Member, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, 1978 - Present
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- Court Appointed Advocate for Children
- Served on Louisiana Family Law Certification Board by Appointment of Louisiana Supreme Court
- Public Criminal Defender Board of Directors, 1979-1999
- Served on Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Public Defender Attorney, 1979 - 1999
- Louisiana State Bar Test Examiner by Appointment of Louisiana Supreme Court for Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure
- Volunteer Legal Services
- E.Z. Aces Gaming, Inc.
- Working Men and Women
- Maritime Industry Workers
- President, Lee Dee Wholesale Distributing Co., Inc. and Hale Wholesale Distributing Co., Inc.
- Hale's Hog Heaven
- Jones Act Seaman
- Real Estate Holdings Manager
- Refinery Workers
Office location for Steven W. Hale
1735 Ryan Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2008, 2014 - 2023
Certificates and credentials