W. Taylor Hale
Top rated personal injury attorney in Lake Charles, LouisianaHale Law Firm
Taylor Hale is a partner at the Hale Law Firm, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Representing clients throughout the state, Mr. Hale focuses his practice in the areas of maritime law and serious personal injury. His maritime practice involves representation of injured Jones Act workers as well as cases arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act. In his personal injury practice, Mr. Hale assists plaintiffs who have been harmed by the negligence of others in cases involving motor vehicle accidents, company and commercial vehicle accidents, 18 wheeler trucking accidents, construction accidents, slips and falls, defective products and industrial accidents. Mr. Hale has successfully litigated several multimillion dollar cases involving catastrophic injuries and has secured favorable settlements and verdicts for his clients in state and federal court.
Before attending law school, Mr. Hale attended LSU and graduated from McNeese State University cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in business. He then went on to attend Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2008, graduating at the top of his class. While at Loyola, he was a Lemle & Kelleher, LLP scholarship recipient. Mr. Hale served on the Loyola Law Review as an articles editor. His law review article, A Critical Misdiagnosis: Re-Evaluating Louisiana's Medical Malpractice Act, 53 Loy. L. Rev. 463, Fall, 2007, was selected for publication.
Immediately upon graduation from law school, Taylor accepted a job practicing maritime law at the New Orleans insurance defense firm Phelps Dunbar LLP, where he gained extensive experience representing maritime employers, vessel owners, and insurers in a wide variety of matters with a focus on personal injury defense and insurance litigation. Taylor has experience conducting shipboard investigations involving vessel collisions, personal injuries and cargo damage requiring him to liaise with insurers, vessel crewmembers, government actors, and response professionals.
Admitted to practice in Louisiana, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Mr. Hale has been named a Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2015-2021. In 2021, Mr. Hale was named a Top Lawyer in of Acadiana, Louisiana by Acadiana Profile magazine. In 2017, Taylor was named a member of The National Trial Lawyer's Top 40 under 40 for the State of Louisiana. In 2012, Taylor was named a Top Trial Lawyer in America and is a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which requires a settlement or verdict over one million dollars on behalf of his clients for membership.
During his time as a plaintiff's attorney, Mr. Hale has been able to obtain significant successful outcomes for his clients, and as a result, he has been named to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group in which membership is limited to attorneys who have won verdicts and settlements of at least $1 million. Mr. Hale served as Treasurer of the Young Lawyer's Section of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and as co-chairman of Holiday Helping Hands. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Louisiana Association for Justice, American Association for Justice, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Top Lawyer in Acadiana, Louisiana, and The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 for the State of Louisiana.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: http://www.halelawfirm.com/Attorneys/W-taylor-Hale.shtml
- A Critical Misdiagnosis: Re-Evaluating Louisiana's Medical Malpractice Act, 53 Loy. L. Rev. 463, Fall, 2007
- Holiday Helping Hands, Co-Chairman, 2010 -2011
- SOLACE (Support for Lawyers/Legal Personnel - All Concern Encouraged)
- Wills for Heroes
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2008
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2008
- American Association for Justice, 2017
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2008
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Treasurer/Member
- Injured persons.
- Louisiana State University, 2001
- McNeese State University, Lake Charles, Louisiana, B.S. cum laude, Honors: With Distinction, Honors: With Honors, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Business, 2005
- Loyola University College of Law, 2008
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2020
- , Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, Louisiana Super Lawyer Magazine
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2018
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2019
- Lemle & Kelleher, LLP Scholarship Recipient, 2007-2008
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2017
- Phelps Dunbar, LLP - Associate Attorney
- Million Dollar Advocate, Life Member
- Named to Top Trial Lawyers in America, 2012
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyer's Top 40 under 40, 2017
- Loyola Law Review, 2006 - 2008
- Who's Who Among Students in Am. Univ. & Colleges
- Louisiana Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2016
- IN RE TEXAS PETROLEUM INVESTMENT CO. as owner and operator of the M/V MICHELLE, United States District Court, W.D. Louisiana, Lake Charles Division, Civil Action No. 2:17-cv-0263., 2020
- Marquette Transportation Co. Gulf-Inland, LLC v. M/V CHEMBULK WESTPORT, ET AL., 13-6213 c/w 14-2071 (E.D. La. 2016)
- Combo Maritime, Inc. vs. U.S. United Bulk Terminal, LLC, et al, 626 F. Supp. 2D 635 (E.D. LA. 2009)
- Delta Towing, LLC v. Mike Hooks, Inc., 15-cv-00128 (S.D. Ala. 2015)
- Youngblood v. Rain CII Carbon, 12-cv-00287 (W.D. La. 2013)
- Orvel P. Hale Vs. No.: 6:15-cv-01803 Wood Group, PSN, Inc., et al. (W.D. La. 2018).
- Robertson v. W&T Offshore, Inc., 712 F.Supp. 2D 515 (W.D. LA. 2010)
- Admiralty/Maritime injuries
- Automobile and Trucking injuries
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Brain Injury
- Jones Act Injuries
- Offshore Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Office location for W. Taylor Hale
1735 Ryan Street
Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022