Top rated bankruptcy attorney in Metairie, LouisianaBig Easy Law Group, LLC
Jenny Abshier is managing partner at the Big Easy Law Group and represents clients in New Orleans, Louisiana, in legal matters related to consumer debt and bankruptcy. Her practice also includes creditor harassment, foreclosure help, wage garnishments, credit restoration, Chapter 13 bankruptcy and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. An understanding, compassionate attorney, she helps her clients find a financial fresh start rather than negative judgment about their financial situation.
After earning an undergraduate degree from Our Lady of Holy Cross, Mr. Abshier attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor. Along with New Orleans, she also represents clients in Mandeville, Laplace and Metairie. With over a decade of experience, she has helped countless clients obtain a reset on their finances when they need it the most.
She is admitted to practice in the state of Louisiana and before the Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Ms. Abshier is passionate about giving back to her community when she has the opportunity, and she was given the 2012 Pro Bono Project of New Orleans Distinguished Service Award, along with the Louisiana State Bar Association Pro Bono Publico and Children’s Law Award in 2013.
Ms. Abshier has been asked to present for the Pro Bono Project in small succession continuing legal education matters and presented a video on consumer issues and COVID-19 for the organization. She has an Avvo “Superb” rating and is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Business Women’s Association Crescent City Connections, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
Jenny Abshier is a debt relief agent. She helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: consumer
Bankruptcy law, Credit repair
- 100% Bankruptcy: consumer
First Admitted: 2010, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.bigeasybk.com/attorney-profiles/jenny-abshier/
- Leadership Jefferson Class of 2012
- Avvo Rating of 9.2, 2021
- Member, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member, American Business Women's Association Crescent City Connections (ABWA)
- Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- In Re Coleman (September 6, 2019) United States Bankruptcy Court, E.D. Louisiana, Case NO. 19-11091, Section A - clarified the definition of "clerical error" regarding notarial acts of correction. In this matter, mortgage lender Carrington attempted to wrongfully include a second piece of property as collateral for a mortgage twelve years after the original mortgage was recorded. , 2019
- , COVID-19 and Consumer Concerns , 2020
- Wrote and taped a video for the Pro Bono Project discussing COVID-19 and consumer issues. , 2020
- Speaking with Rachel Vogeltanz - The Law Office of Rachel Thyre Vogeltanz, LLC and Stephen Wheelis - United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Louisiana, Speaker, Student Loans -- Payment of Loans/Interest in Chapter 13 and Discharge Update , LSU 27th Annual Bankruptcy Seminar, 2021
- CLE presentation on small successions , Presenter, Success with Small Successions, The Pro Bono Project, 2017
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star , Super Lawyers , 2022
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer Bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021
- Selected for career and community accomplishments., Leadership in Law Honoree, New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2021
- Selected for volunteer service , Friend of Pro Bono , The Pro Bono Project of New Orleans, 2020
- Selected for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Top Lawyer, New Orleans , 2020
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer Bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer Bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer Bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars for Consumer Bankruptcy , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Pro Bono Publico Award, Louisiana State Bar Association, 2013
- Distinguished Service Awardee, The Pro Bono Project of New Orleans, 2012
Office location for Jenny Abshier
3939 Veterans Memorial Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2022