Laurel A. Salley
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Metairie, LA
Attorney Laurel A. Salley is a partner with the Salley & Salley, LLC, law firm in Metairie, Louisiana. Serving individuals and families throughout Jefferson Parish and the rest of the state, Ms. Salley focuses her practice on family law and civil litigation and appeals, as well as estate planning.
Board certified as a family law specialist by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization and possessing nearly 20 years of legal experience, Ms. Salley has the extensive skills and resources required to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach agreements that protect their rights and best interests. Through her estate planning practice, Ms. Salley works closely with those she serves in order to help them create wills and other estate planning instruments that meet their specific needs and goals.
A Louisiana native, Ms. Salley is active in her local community, and she has served in various leadership roles with the Lakeside Kiwanis Club. Regarded as one of the top family law attorneys in the state, she holds top ratings from Avvo, and she appeared in the National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals from 2005 to 2006.
After graduating from Louisiana State University with a Bachelor of Science in psychology, Ms. Salley attended Tulane University Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1998. The Louisiana State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and Ms. Salley immediately joined her mother's law firm in order to make a difference in the lives of her fellow Louisianans.
Fully devoted to her practice, Ms. Salley is a member of the family law section of the Louisiana State Bar Association, and she is highly active with the Jefferson Bar Association as well, having served as chair and secretary for the organization's young lawyers section.
About Laurel A. Salley
First Admitted: 1998, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.salleyandsalley.com/About/Laurel-A-Salley.shtml
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization
Pro bono/Community Service
- Key Club
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Member, 1997 - Present
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Vice President, 1997 - 1998
- Lakeside Kiwanis Club, Board of Directors, 1997 - 2001
- Living Will, and Last Will and Testament, 2013
- Custody case, 2014
- Living Will, and Last Will and Testament , 2014
- Intra-family Adoption, 2015
- National Register's Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2005 - 2006
- Top Attorney in Louisiana, 2012 - Present
- CALI Award for Excellence - Civil Law Persons, 1996
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chairman, 2003 - 2004
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Chair Elect, 2002 - 2003
- Jefferson Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Secretary, 2001 - 2002
- Louisiana, 1998
- Jefferson Bar Association, 1998- Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 1998- Present
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, B.S., Major: Psychology
Last Updated: 5/15/2022