Stephen K. Conroy
Top rated business litigation attorney in Metairie, LouisianaConroy Law Firm, PLC
As managing partner at the Conroy Law Firm, PLC, Stephen K. Conroy represents clients in Metairie, Louisiana, as well as New Orleans and the surrounding areas. With over four decades of experience, he handles the following legal matters: construction law, business litigation, franchise law, product liability, commercial litigation, business law and civil litigation. New Orleans Magazine named him as a Top Lawyer and he was given the Business Leadership in Law Award by the city, as well as a charter fellowship in the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
Mr. Conroy attended Tulane University and graduated with his Bachelor of Arts in 1973. At the Tulane University School of Law, he graduated in 1976 with his Juris Doctor. Admitted to practice in the state of Louisiana, he is also admitted to practice before the following federal courts: the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
An active participant in his local legal community, Mr. Conroy is a member of several organizations. These include the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, the American Bar Association, the St. Tammany Parish Bar, the Jefferson Bar Association, the New Orleans Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association.
For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. To give back to the community that made him successful, he also volunteers with several nonprofit organizations.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Business/corporate, General litigation, Mergers & acquisitions
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Litigation
- 40% Business litigation
- 20% Business/corporate
- 20% General litigation
- 20% Mergers & acquisitions
First Admitted: 1976, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.conroylawfirm.com/attorneys/stephen-k-conroy/
- Charter Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation
- City Business’ Leadership in Law Award
- Top Lawyer, New Orleans Magazine
- Super Lawyers
- Louisiana, 1976
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- St. Tammany Parish Bar
- Jefferson Parish Bar
- New Orleans Bar
- Louisiana State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Tulane University, B.A., 1973
Office location for Stephen K. Conroy
3501 N Causeway Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002-8345
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023