Alan G. Brackett
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in New Orleans, LouisianaMouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation, Transportation & Maritime
Licensed in Louisiana since: 1984
Education: Tulane University Law School
Alan G. Brackett is one of the firm founders and its managing member. His practice includes the defense of maritime and federal workers' compensation claims, including the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act and War Hazards Compensation Act. Alan litigates claims nationwide for large corporations and insurance companies.
As supported by the many peer honors he has received, including The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers, Alan has developed a reputation as an extremely skilled litigation attorney, who maintains the highest standards of professionalism, qualities that have attributed to him being widely recognized as one of the top litigators in the industry. He has developed long-standing relationships within the judicial system, enabling him to resolve his clients’ claims more efficiently.
Alan is known for being personally invested in his clients, many of whom he has worked with for decades. “I am a facilitator by nature. I like listening to people and solving problems. My goal is always to clearly understand the objectives of who I am representing, so everything can move toward that result on the best terms possible.”
He has been highly involved in his profession. Alan is a fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, whose members have been nominated by their peers for possessing “the highest professional qualifications and ethical standards, character, integrity, professional expertise and leadership” during their careers. He is also a fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation, American Bar Foundation and Claims and Litigation Management Alliance. Alan has been a contributing author to The Longshore Textbook and has served as Chairman of the Advisory Board and Seminar Moderator for the Loyola University College of Law Annual Longshore Conference since 1998. He has lectured at numerous maritime, labor and workers’ compensation law seminars around the country and abroad.
Born and raised in Massachusetts, Alan came to New Orleans to attend Tulane University and has lived here ever since, becoming active in the community. He serves as Chancellor and Verger for Christ Church Cathedral and previously served as Senior Warden. He serves as Treasurer and on the Executive Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana. He previously served two terms as President of the Disciplinary Board of the Diocese. He is a past chair of the Board of Trustees of St. Martin’s Episcopal School.
First Admitted: 1984, Louisiana
Professional Webpage: https://mblb.com/attorney/alan-g-brackett/
- Top 50 Lawyers in Louisiana (2020), Super Lawyers
- President’s Award (2019, 2021), Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Top 50 Lawyers in New Orleans (2020), Super Lawyers
- Fellow, American Bar Association
- Top Lawyers – Admiralty & Maritime Law (2017, 2019, 2020), Workers Compensation Law (2016, 2017, 2018, 2020), New Orleans Magazine
- Fellow, College of Workers Compensation Lawyers
- Admiralty/Maritime (2016 - 2022), The Best Lawyers in America
- Leadership in Law Hall of Fame (2005, 2018, 2020), New Orleans CityBusiness
- Fellow, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Loyola University College of Law, Annual Longshore Conference, Seminar Moderator (1998–Present)
- The Longshore Textbook, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Editions (Chapter: Disability), Lawyer’s & Judges Publishing Company, Inc.
- Tulane University Law School, Finalist, Senior Moot Court Appellate Competition (J.D., 1984)
- B.A., Tulane University, 1982
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School, Board of Trustees (2003–2012); Chairman (2007 – 2010)
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, International President (2010–2012); VP (2008–2010); Second VP (2004–2008); Secretary (2002–2004); Southern Division President (1999–2002); Director of the Educational Foundation (2013-2019).
- North-American Interfraternity Conference, Former Board Member
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Proctor Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Immediate Past President; President (2022-2023); Vice President (2021-2022); Treasurer (2020-2021); Secretary (2019-2020); Board Member (2013-Present); Fellow
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association, Inc., Member, Advisory Board Member and General Counsel (1994–2009)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- DOL-Joint Bar Association, Board Member (2010-Present); President (2012)
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute, Member
- Loyola University College of Law, Annual Longshore Conference, Chairman (1998-Present); Advisory Board Member (1998-Present); Seminar Moderator (1998–Present)Louisiana Bar Foundation, Board Member (2013-Present)
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2024